Replies

• I wanna say our group's performance is poor indeed,I'm so sorry.I feel upset.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Well, I hope your classmates didn't disappoint you, Li Kaiyu? It appeared to me that you all had good fun in your group; I hope I witnessed that correctly?! :)

• Well Liu Yi, today you were a bad driver, for not only have you been driving under the influence, you also jumped the red (traffic) light! But it appeared that the policeman on the site got a liking in you as he didn't want to arrest you and lock you up (which you would have deserved)! Maybe it's your money that convinced him, but I still think it was your looks; I could see he liked you very much ..! Of course I can drive; I'm not 18 years old anymore, AND I am a foreigner (foreigners mostly have their own cars)! I had 13 cars in my life, but I don't have one now as I don't know what to do with it when I am not in SA for 10/11 months of the year. No, and before you ask, I won't buy a car in China as I never want to drive on the Chinese roads as the Chinese people mostly drive too strangely ... Oh, and besides that, I don't have the money for a car! No, our little role plays were just for fun; I can't see it making anyone more aware of avoiding traffic accidents. What you and Xue Xie and your other roommates witnessed the other day would be more of a warning to you all to be careful.

• Xie Xue, it you were upset that day when witnessing the blood and the dead man, why would you like the job of a policeman - they see those things every day ..! You won't make it as policeman for even one day. ;-)

• Kobie, was this message for Xie Xue? I guess so as it doesn't make sense to me (and neither have you seen me going to university by taxi).

• Shan Tianqi, I hope you do enjoy the role plays as we do many these days (as you mentioned). If you don't, it would become quite boring to you. I hope that the students would be so used to it by week 14 that they will all do well in their final role plays where I will grade them. I'm not sure whether I will have Class 12 again next semester and it would therefore be sad for me to have allocated bad grades to the students in the last semester we'd been together. So, we practice many role plays so that the final one would be easy to you! If I know that we'll be together again for one more semester, then the role plays in week 14 wouldn't be important. Do you follow what I'm saying? :)

•      This is a depressing news, it's a pity that there are 2000 people died in the landslide, sometimes a man's life is so fragile, in front of natural disasters is so weak, and perhaps one's life is really short, live good every day is the most important thing. We can't stop the coming of the disaster, but at least can let oneself leave less regret.

About tomorrow's role play, must be very interesting. This a few times in role plays, already familiar with how to into the role of, look forward to  everybody's new thinking tomorrow.

• I am so sorry to hear this news. It is a big disaster. The news “Afghan Village Declared Mass Graveyard” said about 2000 people were killed by a double landslide last week including many rescuers and nearby residents. They held a national day of mourning on Sunday and suspended all entertainment program on radio and TV. Everyday will happen disasters in the world, may be are natural disasters or human made disasters. I think they all have reasons, most of them are human made. If people do not destroy nature, there will be less natural disasters happened. And if people can think more about others, there will be less human made disasters happened. People should do more things for nature and others, the world will be better and better.

Tomorrow is a role play, a new role play, about a car accident, it is interesting. I think car accidents always happened because of people’s careless. If every driver ca think more about their families and others, car accidents will be less. I hope the new role play.

• I don't really think it is nature's revenge on us humans, Lusia; it's probably only us paying the price for our carelessness with nature. The sad part is that it also happens to people who didn't personally caused the harm to the earth. But the earth is slowly coming to its end and the future generations would see many more disasters in nature than we have today. And when our earth can't continue any longer to sustain us, then the end would come (but I won't be around by then) ...

I agree, love is one of the most powerful forces on the face of the earth today. Here is some verses about love by an ancient author as proof of love's power: "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself and is not puffed up; love does not behave rudely, it does not seek it's own, it is not provoked; love thinks no evil; love does not rejoice in iniquity, but it rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. There will always be faith and hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." :)

• Bao Zhengchao, it became popular these days for the people to say, "let's pray for the victims or the injured", but I bet, most of those who say that, don't pray themselves, and secondly, many of those suggesting those prayers are not even religious (so, they don't even know how one prays)! I'm not sure in which category you fall (probably one saying what others say, and doing what they do?!), but in this case, praying for the victims isn't going to bring them back to life as they have all died (sadly) ... Their chances in life are over, unfortunately. But, I have a question to you too (as previously to students from class 1 too, using those words - but no one has ever replied to me): In China most people are atheist, meaning they don't believe in God. So, if they then say (like you now), let's pray for someone, who do they pray to? If someone doesn't believe in God, there is no one to pray to. So, I don't understand. Can you enlighten me, pse?

I am glad to read (and I see that too in class) that you enjoy the role plays as we do many these days. I hope that the students would be so used to it by week 14 that they will all do well in their final role plays where I will grade them. I'm not sure whether I will have Class 12 again next semester and it would therefore be sad for me to have allocated bad grades to the students in the last semester we'd been together. If I know that we'll be together again for one more semester, then the role plays in week 14 wouldn't be important. I think you understand what I say, do you?!

This reply was deleted.