(1) Role plays: Describing your company and job

You will talk about your future company and what your role is in the company. Pairs

(2) Continuation of school plays 

Many activities take place on the school grounds like parent-teacher interviews, extra curricular activities, school performances, school projects, and nutrition breaks, etc. Small groups and pairs.

P.S.

1. Sorry, the pictures didn't want to lone up correctly today. :(

2. Students, I am asking you for the last time to read the attachments before you comment. And those who didn't implement Tony's advice earlier about how to open attachments here, pse speak to him again and show some respect through your cooperation. Thank you.

12 - W12a - Describing your Company and your Job 1.docx

12 - W10a + W12a - Role plays - School issues.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the feeling if most parents can have their way, they'd like their children to at least be employed in the civil service as then they are guaranteed (unfairly, I believe) work and pension for life. But do civil servants have any ambition, Shirley? Many of the new ones become as lazy and corrupt as the old ones with few morals and a careless attitude. But parents want their children to become civil servants! Don't they have greater ambition for their children?! I agree it must be equally boring to work for a bank! Hope you get the right job one day that would suit you perfectly. :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • Shao Shuang, life is not really about good jobs and high pay! People with low-key jobs and lower salaries are happier than the ones with the high-paid jobs as those jobs are accompanied with much stress, hard work, longer hours, bigger responsibilities, etc. Is that really worth it? How happy are those people in their personal lives and family life? Yes, maybe the answer is to set up one's own company; but that doesn't come easy as not all young people have rich family that can help them from the beginning. So, starting one's own business can only happen after a number of years of gaining experience and hopefully saving some money. But I guess it may be worth a try.

• Well,I think the oral practice of company and job is give us a chance to think and talk about our career planning.Maybe some students will continue study after campus,others will join works directly,all of us will facing work one day.So the practice of company can be useful.And we will continue the role play of school,I think is interesting,it always makes me recall my time before college period.And expect the content of tomorrow's class.I will think about the things of my future position.See you,teacher.

• So, now that the class is over, what do you think about giving students to talk about their future jobs? It didn't work as most haven't talked about it! They'd just conveniently chosen the few scripts that were provided and they'd stuck to the format of the little role play by Feng Yu and the teacher. I'm happy that you and actress Di Xin did what was actually expected and did more than the rest. So, thank you. I noticed you had a lot of additional practice today; I guess you must be happy about that as you are not shy to stand up and talk in class, right?! :)

• Yes,I always like to make the content of dialogue be abundant,because it's the way to express one view.And I don't know if i was not relax enough or be shy,I think maybe I was shy one year before,but now,I think I won't.And you're right teacher,I enjoy when I stand up and talk in class.Thank u very much for your recognition.Actually,I'll participate the final match of English Speech in our school,so I practice my oral consciously.See u,teacher.

• What is the date of the final English speech contest, and where would it be held?

• May 21,It should be in 308 Jing Yuan,and time is haven't made sure yet,but is about begin at 6:30 or 7:00,will you come?

• Thank you. Yes, I am not invited, but I'd like to be there for moral support for our own students. I hope they would allow me without an invitation? ;-)

• First of all,thanks for your support in your heart,O(∩_∩)O

This contest is started held by Basic English Teaching Department,most judges are belongs to it,so if you haven't accepted,don't think more,teacher.

And my English teacher,she told me if they will be the judges they also don't know until near the contest.If she haven't invitation,to be a audience is ok.

• Thanks for the info. I guess I should be part of that department as I am also teaching English ... but I'm not going to say anything about it. However, from what you say it looks like I can just go there and sit in the audience. The worst that can happen, is that the students at the doors would refuse me to enter ... Then I will just return home! :)

This reply was deleted.