(1) Role plays: Describing your company and job

You will talk about your future company and what your role is in the company. Pairs

(2) Continuation of school plays 

Many activities take place on the school grounds like parent-teacher interviews, extra curricular activities, school performances, school projects, and nutrition breaks, etc. Small groups and pairs.

P.S.

1. Sorry, the pictures didn't want to lone up correctly today. :(

2. Students, I am asking you for the last time to read the attachments before you comment. And those who didn't implement Tony's advice earlier about how to open attachments here, pse speak to him again and show some respect through your cooperation. Thank you.

12 - W12a - Describing your Company and your Job 1.docx

12 - W10a + W12a - Role plays - School issues.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If I imagine I'll go to the company, I think I'll go to a not particularly large companies, because I am more good Korean and Japanese, so if you can, then I will go into foreign-funded enterprises. Just enter the company after graduation will be relatively low position, it is possible to give the boss some tea time delivery of water, it should be possible to work even after a few years will appreciate the position of manager are likely.

• Well Li Fengxian, as a graduate I guess you would land a better job than just being the boss' tea girl (except of course, if that is what you want to do)! But bear also in mind that if you want to be employed by a foreign-funded enterprise, you may need English for that job ... So, will you be ready for that? And another thing, (good) managers of successful enterprises can speak English too (and you want to become one after a few years ..)! :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • Well, if you have a rich imagination, I guess you would also have some great dreams for yourself, Yi Xizhuoma (like being a good role model!). And when you recruit the graduates, you can also teach them to improve their English skills as famous companies would need English speakers (if they want to be famous outside of China's borders, of course). ;)

• Well, you will still be Zhang Cong's super woman (I think) whether you do a super woman's job or not! If one wants a high-level job with high salary, it always comes at a price - harder work, longer hours, more stress, more responsibilities, less time for family and for self, etc. Question is: "Is it worth it?" Some people thrive in jobs like that. Others fail. If that's not part of your dream for yourself, then you are right to get a lower-level job where you wouldn't be so busy. Unfortunately, those jobs don't pay well; but at least you will be happier with more piece of mind.

• I'm glad you have changed your mind about not joining the police force, Bai Ma. Apart from it not a job for a decent woman, I don't think policemen have much ambition in life. I wasted five years in my life because I thought working in a police uniform looked cool; till I discovered that they possessed me and made me a slave of the governments thoughts and policies. They changed my humanity and personality. Luckily, my eyes opened and I could break free; but five years were wasted and gone. So, I hope you have better dreams for yourself nowadays!

• Pity that you couldn't follow through with those childhood dreams, Sabrina ... Studying for a scientist or becoming a writer would have been great, but preparing to be a doctor would have been the ultimate, I think. It is such a noble profession to be able to help others as doctors and nurses do. However, it was not to be, and now you are in another field of interest. Hope you would realize your dreams in international trade. But if you would take some advice ... don't neglect your English, and don't believe that the world would soon speak Chinese and you don't have to worry to improve your English (like many Chinese students hope for). By the time more people in the world speak Chinese, it would be too late for you to benefit by the opportunities which would be possible through only communicating in Chinese. Don't miss out on the opportunities available in the next twenty to thirty years while the majority of the world still trade in English. ;-)

• What you have to do now, Xiang Balazhen, is to see that you study and pass (and hopefully improve your English too!). But keep your dreams alive and don't stop dreaming! When the time is right, your dreams will come true if you really want it with all your heart.

• Well, I guess all people want to find excellent jobs for themselves, Kou Yejia. Some people would succeed in that, whether fairly or not; to others it may just remain a dream forever. However, when accepting a job, one should be able to still have your dignity and self-respect afterwards. Often people sacrifice that just to get the job. One has to live with oneself, even if others don't know what one's decisions cost one. So, bear that in mind when making your job decision. Don't please others to benefit yourself, or only to satisfy them knowing it is to your detriment. Do what is best for you, but keep your respect and dignity.

• If speaking of my future job,maybe in the past ,i will say something that maybe sounds very wonderful and full of imagination,but now....to the truth,i just want to find a job that i can work for in my whole ai and can support my own life,if there is possibility  ,i can give the part of my salary to my parents.It sound very sad ,isn't it? In now society ,at least in my opinion,hunting job is one of the most difficult things,especially ,you want to find a job you that like ,and you are willing to work for it from day to day.

However,I want to give myself the chance to imagine my future.Now i will say about my perfect future.I want to do a free job that means i can have enough time to do other things such as travelling and do a sideline -open a small food shop ,mainly  for leisure,maybe when i have time i will cook some cookies or cakes .coffee and make Chinese tea etc…it just for adjust my fast and nervous life.About the main job ,i want to do a job that can make my footprint full of the world,I don’t mind how the hard my job is ,as long as i like it ,i can do it no boring.Of course ,the salary can’t be low,because i want to buy the house by myself and have a trip when my holiday.Above all ,these are my imagine,i  know it deeply that ideal is good and beautiful reality is very skinny .

parents.it
    • Well Sabrina, if one doesn't have dreams, life would be terribly boring. So, follow your dreams, and dream big! Some may materialize, and some may not. It often depends what a person is prepared to sacrifice. In China, the traditions of the past are often so strong, that young people would have no choice than to give in to the pressure from family to follow those traditions. That may mean giving up one's personal dreams. That is very sad. But one must live with one's decisions and choices in live. So, I hope you would be strong enough to make the right decisions for yourself and that those around you would show respect for your decisions. Only then you may be able to leave those footprints behind in which others can follow. About your plans for a small food stall (coffee or tea shop), maybe you and Shi Ning and Fan Yixin can do that little adventure together one day ..! :)

This reply was deleted.