(1) Role plays: Describing your company and job

You will talk about your future company and what your role is in the company. Pairs

(2) Continuation of school plays 

Many activities take place on the school grounds like parent-teacher interviews, extra curricular activities, school performances, school projects, and nutrition breaks, etc. Small groups and pairs.

P.S.

1. Sorry, the pictures didn't want to lone up correctly today. :(

2. Students, I am asking you for the last time to read the attachments before you comment. And those who didn't implement Tony's advice earlier about how to open attachments here, pse speak to him again and show some respect through your cooperation. Thank you.

12 - W12a - Describing your Company and your Job 1.docx

12 - W10a + W12a - Role plays - School issues.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It appears that most students find themselves in the same boat as you, Ke Song, not having any idea of what they would be doing after graduation (meaning what kind of job). I have sympathy with the Chinese students. In the western countries students mostly know why they study in which direction because they know what they would do after finishing their studies. I feel it is so unfair towards the Chinese students. I'm often wondering how much the people care who are setting the systems in place that regulate the lives of others? Hope you'll get the job you want, and the job you deserve. ;-)

• This reply was deleted.
    • It is so different to study in the west with a different education system and approach. We start our university courses normally knowing already what we want to do after completion of our studies. Only a few (like me ..!) are changing their courses before graduation as they'd changed their minds along the way. Of course that may also add another year or so to the length of the studies. But in western countries the education institutions don't care how long you take, as long as you pay!

It however looks to me that you want to work in a perfect working environment, Wang Fei! I don't want to put you off, but maybe I should tell you something about the reality out there ...! I haven't heard of any such perfect environment in China yet! So, prepare yourself for reality! I do however hope for your sake that you would be employed with a company where your  expectations would be met. I like your description of your future boss (a smart, canny one!), but again, the reality in China about bosses is quite different. 'Canny' can also mean 'shrewd', and that may not necessarily mean a decent and honest one that'll respect your person and feelings. Again, I hope for the best for you. Just don't lower your own standards and principles to get a job, or to please a boss. Keep your dignity and pride under all circumstances. ;-)

• Working in a smaller city may not secure a lot of money, but there would be less stress and city life may not be so hectic. Some people are made for the big cities and they just function better in a bigger and brighter environment. Others are like you and me, and we are happy in the smaller cities! So, follow your dream and never feel inferior. The small cities also need employees. :)

•        Once about the future work, I have many ideas, some real, some distant. In fantasy in the near future more walk more, like is going to work, leave campus soon. The future of the company doesn't have to be very big, only when work is very comfortable. Colleagues around  is good, the content of the day at work is good, everything wants a little bit more simple. Don't want to every day very tired, want to born in the intrigue, as work environment isn't really what I want. Although everybody said the work would not make true friends, but I still want to believe that the future is bright.Do you think so?

• No, not necessarily! It depends what you want and what you do about it! So, one's future can be dull too. But bright (or dull) future for one is not necessarily a bright (or dull) one for another. We are all different individuals (otherwise the world would have been a very boring place with everyone the same!). Do what you can do to the best of your ability. It doesn't have to be a bright job or a glamorous one. Never give half of yourself. One day you will get good returns for your good attitude as you became a blessing to others. :)

• Yes, it sounds exciting to visit the Huludao customs office, Liu Yi. I just hope for your sake the teacher would keep to her/his word and take you there! It may give you good understanding about how that environment is functioning, which I would believe, forms part of the bigger industry of international trade, not so? The little exercise of talking about your job may help to improve your spoken English, but what I am concerned about, is what you and your classmates are doing to improve the listening skills, Liu Yi? Does it also worry your classmates, or am I the only one to be concerned about it? Let's hope there would be some progress later today ..! :)

• We always think about what our futures will be, but it is just our thinking, everyone can not know what will happen in the future. Everyone thinks his or her future will be happy ,blest. But life is difficult, people have to experience problems, and then we can grow up. About my future, I have thought for many times. If I will work in a company, I wish it will be a big external trade company, and it has a lot of staff and a good working environment. bout my job, I think I can speak fluent English and can always have opportunities to go abroad to exercise myself and visit around. That’s my thinking.

About the school plays, I think we have done a similar one, but there are new things , I am looking forward to it.

• Wu Qiong, have you read the attachments before your comment? It is good for international trade students to work in international trade companies, but I guess it would not be that easy to secure a job with those companies as there are many candidates with similar dreams. However, some companies have great vision for their future which may include expansion abroad, or employing some foreign staff at their Chinese headquarters. That means they would look favourably on students who have a good command of English. So, if you can speak English fluently one day, Wu Qiong, maybe you can realize your dream to work for such a company! But then you have to change your thinking from that of the average Chinese student who do not regard English serious enough to work hard to improve (okay, I agree the education system helps them to think like that). Most students think they would secure good jobs without a good command of English as this is China, a big country with many job opportunities, and speaking fluent English would not make such a difference. But in my opinion, those students are short-sighted and have tunnel-vision. Their ambition doesn't stretch further than a boring life in China! I hope your dream for yourself would be greater .. :) 

• You surprise me greatly, Wen Xin! You study international trade, but you have a different dream for yourself .. Well, you won't be the first one to do that, and surely neither the last one! Pity China is so far behind the conservation of animals as there are great and satisfying careers in that field in western countries. Currently I don't think there are many opportunities in that field here, and they still have to learn a lot. But maybe opening a pet store, as you mentioned, may be the answer to you. However, one needs capital to open a business, however small .. So, if you can't borrow the money from family or the banks, maybe you may consider working for a few years in international trade before embarking on your dream. Your English is improving nicely for you to get a good job in an international company ... so, consider that! One's dream doesn't have to realize directly after one's studies. Sometimes it takes many years. ;-)

• It appears that a number of students in your class have the ambition of starting their own company (amongst others, mr Xiao!). Yes, I guess it must be better to be one's own boss as so many bosses today are corrupt, dishonest and unfair. If you are the boss, you can set a good example to follow and treat your staff with the necessary respect and dignity. Such a boss will get the loyalty of his staff and his company would benefit greatly through that. I hope you would one day be one of those new generation bosses who will make a difference!

This reply was deleted.