Week 11: Wednesday, 30 April 2014

(1) News by Tara

(2) Music lesson: "If I were a boy" by Beyonce

The grammar focus of this lesson will be on Second Conditional sentences (If I were ... I would ...) and we'll discuss gender issues and what it would be like to be a boy. Unfortunately the MP3 music file is too big (only 7MB allowed here) and we can only listen to the song in class.

(3) Reduce, Recycle, Reuse:

Short discussion on a few more environmental issues. We have already discussed the banning of plastic bags. But would that be sufficient to protect our environment? What about reducing the use of some items, or recycling some used items, or reusing some used items?! This discussion includes a short rap song and it is included here.

12 - W11 - ReduceRecycleReuse.pdf

12 - W11 - Environment Rap - Audio - ReduceRecycleReuse.mp3

Listening Lesson - If I were a boy.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well,teacher,I thought you will think that I had read all the attachments before I commented and went to the class.I wonder why you thought that I haven't watched attachment?Actually,I had seen all the attachments and listened News.I can open the attachments by the way.
    • Sorry Ren Zhihong, my fault then. In your comment there was nothing directly from the attachments. The words from the song you've quoted were from the picture in the lesson post. But I should have remembered that you could open the attachments; unfortunately I forgot. As I have discovered that most students didn't read the attachments, I guess I was over-sensitive ... My apologies. :(

• Never mind,teacher.Communicating make things better,If I told u that I saw the attachments every time when I commented,I think it will be better.

• No, you don't have to tell me that you've read the attachments (I can believe you, but do all students speak the truth ..?); just mention and comment on some of the lesson content and I would know. :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • Wang Fei, I hope this is the last comment here. But as you have done this only a few minutes ago (at around 12.10pm), I am just wondering whether you have really gone trough the attachments to see the lesson content ..? I am not so sure. I will read what you said here in more detail later and comment if I deem it necessary. It is nearly time to go to class now ..

• Zhang Qian, you gave a good comment about protecting the environment; thank you. But, I can see that you had no insight in the attachment about the song (If I were a boy); if you had, you would have had much to say about being a male or female. Today in class I noticed that very few students (if any at all) have read through that list we have discussed last. I am disappointed. If that is how the students show their respect to a teacher, then I don't want to see what it is like the day they show him their disrespect.

• I agree, Li Mengdi, that it is better to be a girl (though I am glad I am not); it definitely is more nobler. However, your comment could have been much more significant had you read through the attachments. If you still can't open it, please get concerned about it now and do something about it! You can ask Meng Guimiao to explain again how to open it. Thank you.

• Xie Zhengfeng, I can see you have watched the MV about this song. But what I can't see, is that you read through the attachments about the lessons. Are you too busy studying to do that? Or does it just not matter to you?

• He Yang, thank you for the comment, but I can ask you the same question as to most other students: have you read through the attachment before commenting? I am not convinced.

• Sorry He Yang, my fault again. Of course I believe you; there is no reason you should lie to me! I couldn't see any trace in your comment directly from the attachments. I guess I was prejudiced when reading as I discovered that most students have not read the attachments. My apologies. :(

This reply was deleted.