Some questions can be swallowed or ignored or even you can refrain from answering them.

Embarrassing, humiliating, difficult questions vary according to the person we are addressing or asking. To some people, it does not work that way and they can easily get rid of them. For instance, if you ask someone about his/her monthly salary, he or she might not feel anything about it. The answer can come casually or without any interest. Some questions are hard to cope with or deal with. Let's say that someone asks about your wife's favorite perfume. The answer to that might become a big fuss, and develops into a fight.  So, what is that question that puts you in a hole, or you become perplexed?        

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•   Donnobad Rupan Banik! I don't think at all. I wonder if I have got what you were driving at, but let me try to comprehend those smart points you have stated there. You stated that the unique experiences shape our individual mental frame of reference.

That is a big one, but suppose we have limited or ordinary experiences. Is that enough for us to see ourselves? In other words, our mentality has a direct role when answering an embarrassing question. Some of the members referred to that. Peaceful and reasonable people can deal calmly in such cases.

They know how to deal with the person who asks personal or embarrassing questions. To tell you the truth, your comment is an outstanding one.  Some of your points have not got inside my humble brain. Don't tell the members about it. I am happy to be one of your friends. A unique comment, thanks for it.

• I don´t have any problem with questions. It´s my decision to answer or not. 

• Me gusta eso, mi amigo Efrain Hernandez. I like that, the answer is our decision. Some people force you to answer. This is the problem.  Thanks for your decisive answer. 

• ''Can I be one of your friends?''

• Hahahaha A733a! I would never let this opportunity go. I would do my best to grab it and say, "I hope to be one of your friends." Oh! I am a stupid guy. The person does not want to be your friend. Why don't you get it?  Nevertheless, I would keep at it until you accept me as one of your friends. Thanks again for that covered refusal. 

• ''The person''

• You know the person. Is that a yes answer to add me to the list of your friends? 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you B3q1! You look like in one line with Rose Iris. I really hope to be one of your friends, is that possible? Thanks for your comment on that discussion. 

• Hello Dara.

We say: There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. (You can also replace "stupid" with "annoying" or "upsetting.")

As far as I'm concerned, it's not the question itself that can upset me. What bothers me are the questioners, who always ask the same question, even though the answer has already been given (by me) several times, or I have already refused to answer the question.

Please, do not get me wrong. If children, elderly or disabled people (for example), ask me the same questions again and again, I do answer patiently, even if they ask the same questions 100 times.

I also have no problem responding to personal questions if the questions are pure of interest. Nevertheless, I always reserve the right to refuse to answer if it becomes too personal or even intimate.

Sometimes, people ask me whether they may ask me personal questions.
    Then, I always say: "You can ask me what you want, but whether I answer or not, that's always my decision."

• Goten morgen Rose Iris. From the way you talk, it seems that you have a wide chest and that you are very patient with nosy people. Some of us do not have the patience for nosy ones.  The repeated questions can be very irritating and annoying. Of course, with handicapped ones, we have to be very slow and understanding in dealing with them. 

Personal questions should be kept personal. Otherwise, there would be no privacy at all. People will never leave you alone. Remember that guy who uses to ride his donkey. They said, look at him he is giving that donkey too much load. He dismounted from it and walked. They described him as an idiot. Then he carried the animal on his back. Their reaction was totally different. Instead of carrying the donkey, the donkey should carry him.  The story will never end. Thanks, Rose for your nice and frank comment on that discussion.

This reply was deleted.