EnglishClub's social network
The existence of gadgets inevitably affects our life, especially our eyes. Many people now work with gadgets almost all the time without having enough rest for eyes. Myopia or hypermetropia is not a problem anymore since the existence of concave-convex lens for those eyes disruption. But, who could hold the pain or headache when one feels so tired on eyes?
I, myself, have no eye problem. But sometimes, I need to work with laptop all the time for some days. I got some problems for some moments. Those days make me think about how to avoid getting eyes problem. It succeeded, I experienced it.
So, here are my tips:
1) Never read or write in the dark. :)) Of course I mean "Don't read or write or using computer in the dim light". If you do, you will make your eyes work harder, easily tired and strained. Later, you could feel pain or headache. In long term, some studies said it could lead to hypermetropia.
2) Limit or manage time for eyes on seeing the screen of gadgets. Every 20 minutes, you can take at least one minute for your eyes to rest. You can either close your eyes with your palms or see something else around you. It is good if you can see greenery.
3) Drink enough water and eat much fruits and vegetables. Some studies found that drinking water improve your good vision and memory. I guess you know that carrot is very good for your vision. But you can also choose the other ones which are also rich of vitamin A, such as mango, avocado, tomato, guava, watermelon, orange, grapes, apple, spinach or green vegetables, etc.
4) Wash your face and/or flush your eyes several times a day. Beside cleaning your face from any dirt, water can refresh your tired eyes. Believe it or not, your eyes can be more relaxed and the strain on eyes will be reduced.
5) See the greenery and water waves more. There's no proof for this, but some people said it could help based on their experience. I also experienced it. At least, you can walk outside to see nature. It will really refresh your eyes.
6) Have enough sleep. Several times, I ever really worried about my headache, strained eyes, tired eyes. I gave eye drops but no better result. Then, I took a rest, had enough sleep. After that, I wondered "where's my pain before?" lol. YES, having enough sleep will keep your whole body healthy.
* * *
Those are my tips. Of course there are many other tips to keep our eyes healthy. If you would like to add, please feel free to share here.
* * *
Here are a few more tips from other members of MyEC.
Bet's --> When we read or write anything on computer we should make the articles/words bigger.
Mishaikh's --> Wash your hands, sit relaxed and cup you both eyes with your palms so. The palm should not touch the eyes and the eyes should be kept open. Close your eyes in such a way that no light comes in. Sit in this position as long you can.
Grace's --> Simply put a warm, wet cloth on your eyes to ease discomfort.
Roman's --> Stand in front of the window or if you are outside, then in front of something close to you, at the level of your eyes, like a tree, bush or pillar. And look for some 5-10 seconds, first on the thing, that is close to your eyes (or on the small dot on the surface of the window) and then on the furthest place from you, that you can see. And repeat this exercise for 5-10 times.
Thank you so much for reading. ^_^
Add a Comment