For this writing challenge you will need a partner! You are going to interview your partner about a topic of your choice. You can choose any member of MyEC to be your partner.
1) Send a message to one of your friends requesting an interview.
Hi Salim (my partner's name). Can I interview you for Writing Challenge #13? You will have to answer five questions. The interview will be published on my MyEC blog.
2) Think of an interesting topic for your interview. You might want to look at your partner's page for inspiration. Write 5 interesting questions
related to your topic. Send these interview questions to your MyEC friend. Make sure these questions are NOT simple yes/no or one word answer questions.
The Swine Flu
Life as an English Learner
Seasons in Spain
Your Favourite Music
What do you do for a living?
What made you decide to become a teacher?
Where would you like to travel and why?
What is it like living in Japan?
3) Wait for your partner's response. When you receive a response, open a new blog page and copy and paste the questions and answers. You can even request a photo to go with the interview. If you fix any major mistakes, discuss the corrections with your partner. (If you do not receive a response to your questions in a few days, change your partner.)
4) Publish the interview (questions and answers) on your blog. Use this title in your blog: Writing Challenge #13: An Interview with _________ (member name) about _______ (topic)
5) Come back to this page and add a link to your interview in the comments below! Please visit other interviews and leave comments for all of the writers who participate. Feel free to do more than one interview!
Writing Challenge #13: An Interview with Salim about the Loss of his Cats.
I was very sorry to hear you lost some pets last month. Can you describe what happened?
Well,cats are curious and that's what kills them.I used to have fourteen cats. A few weeks ago,one of them started to vomit and hid himself. Then,I found him dead the next day.The same happened with three other ones even if I took them to a vet he couldn't find the sickness.
How are you feeling now?
I'm so sad,because I raised them since their first days on earth.You feel as if you lost a part of yourself.
Do you have any advice for cat owners?
Yes,always look after them. Never let them get in some place where they can find unhealthy stuff.
What was the most difficult part about this loss?
They used to make a lot of sweet noise while playing,they used to enter from the balcony,the windows. But now,all these things are over.
You must be an animal lover if you have that many kitties. Can you tell us about your other pets?
I have a canary,a turtle,some pigeons,and so many goldfinches because they are so popular here.
Thank you Salim for agreeing to take part in this interview. May your beloved kitties rest in peace.
*Photo courtesy of Salim