EnglishClub's social network
I want to read 20 books by the end of 2015th year.
So, I have started creating list, but didn't complete it yet.
I want to ask you, folks, write your suggestions and reccomendations, what book you liked, and why you liked it.
My list for now is:
1. Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (done)
2. The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne (done)
3. The Night in Lisbon by Erich Maria Remarque (done)
4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (done)
5. Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson (done)
6. My Autobiography by Sir Alex Ferguson (done)
7. The Behavior Gap. Simple ways to stop doing dumb things with money by Carl Richards (done)
8. My Brief History by Stephen Hawking (done)
9. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (done)
10. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (done)
11. Who moved my cheese? by Spencer Johnson (done)
12. Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma (done)
13. The little book that beats the market by Joel Greenblatt (done)
14. The old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway (done)
15. Kazakhstani Dream by Marat Abiyev (done)
16. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (done)
17. On the Road by Jack Kerouac (done)
18. 1984 by George Orwell (done)
19. The Present by Spencer Johnson (done)
20. The Art of War by Sun Tzu (done)
Waiting for your help and cooperation!
Thank you in advance!
Note 1. (02.03.15): I am not big fan of fantasy like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones, for me better fiction but with real life or history.
Prefences are novel, fictions, classic books. No fantasy, no poetry.
And, I read books not only in english, mostly in russian language (but of course reading in english too for keeping afloat).
Note 2. (30.03.15): things going slower than I expected, but I dont loose enthusiasm. Life goes on, and we too:)
Note 3 (06.07.15): things going nice, as planned, half year passed, 10 books finished, so moving further, despite 4 month of absence:) I have goals, I see targets.
Note 4 (29.07.15): another 2 books finished, and I am thinking about removing one (Citadel) from list. Adventure continues!
Note 5 (30.11.15): huh, 4 months passed, and I finished only 3 books:) Finally I replaced #2 "Citadel" with "The Mysterious Island", fair enough. Also "The Kite Runner" impressed me much, special thanks for Sir Eric. 1 month and 4 books to go, easy stuff:)
Note 6 (02.01.2016): I have finished my last book by 30th december of 2015. So, I have completed my own challenge, and now I don't know what to say:) ... Will make new one for 2016th year, let's see:)
Add a Comment