EnglishClub's social network
Hi, my friends! Here I am, your boring and strict teacher who wants to give you one more assignment. It will be as tricky as the rest but now, you all are supposed to be much more experienced in answering my tricky questions and using your logic and common sense. So, your task is the same as in the previous blog: you should find a single word that may be a synonym of the given idiom or a phrasal verb, OK?
Let's start! Ready? Here are five more idioms. Just try to find synonyms using your common sense! Replace the idiom with its synonym, OK?
1. Why did you leave out the second question on my list?
2. The meeting was put off until the next week.
3. I ran into my friend last week.
4. This ship is bound for Europe.
5. We tried in vain to reach him.
Good luck in everything you do!
Add a Comment