EnglishClub's social network
A teacher friend put out a challenge for English language teachers to provide two photos that English learners could use to compare and contrast. Another teacher friend (a member of MyEC) suggested I challenge the MyEC members to take up this challenge. Are you up for the challenge? Here is what you have to do:
1) Open a new blog post.
2) Post two photos that have some similarities. (your own photos please)
3) Use the title Compare and Contrast.
4) Write a few questions for your visitors.
4) Review other Compare and Contrast posts and describe the similarities and differences. (Listen to my sample audio response to Brad's photo challenge. You can leave a written or spoken response to compare and contrast any of the photos uploaded for this challenge.)
Useful language to compare and contrast:
To describe similarities
is similar to
in the same way
On one hand...
On the other hand...
is not the same
My Photos for Brad's Challenge:
1. What is similar about the pictures?
2. What is different about the pictures?
3. What assumptions can you make about these photographs?
4. What would you like to know about these photographs?
5. What do you think these people did after the photos were taken?
Add a Comment