Over the years, I have taught many classes I used a speaking and listening technique. I do not teach reading as well as writing. I introduce a new language by listening and all lessons consist of speaking and listening only. I teach grammar simply through situations with no reference to grammar rules at all.

Thinking in a foreign language from an early stage helps students gain a level of fluency making very few errors in communication.

I often find myself thinking in Polish and English, flying back and forth from the two languages.

It is difficult to manage in two languages simultaneously.  Anyhow, why would you like to?

I believe, the sooner a student learns to think in a foreign language, the faster she/he will learn. This can only take place if no reference at all is made to L1. They must be free from the interference of L1.

Maybe I am wrong?

On the other hand, I know that anyone who is learning a second language wishes and dreams about thinking in that language.

Time is always an issue for me.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes i agree , we wont think native language and another one when we speak one language, it will give very confusion , some time which word is use in correct place , so try to learn without think another language when we learn english, 

but one is difficult here, there is no companion to learn native language people which language we learn here , if we have native language people sure we will enrich our knowledge here ,very soon we learn better english

• dear mam that is a great advice

thank for you

• Dear mam I am new to this learning. So I am thankful for your efforts.

Thanku onse again.
  • Hi Halina .

That 's great idea .I am trying to share to the new learners too by using small class and club meeting .To

thinking in a foreign language we need to learn foreign culture too .I always talked to learners read or

search more information from internet in case you can't visit foreign countries.

Thanks .

• I totally agree.

I always state that  : 

Thinking in a foreign language from an early stage helps students gain a level of fluency making very few errors in communication.

Regards,

Halina

• Hello again Halina .

I started a English speaking club in my town (Thailand  border to Malaysia ) for months ago .the center have free accommodations free for foreign friends because we can learn more and talk about foreign culture .It is support "Think in English talk in English Discussion "

Please share you suggestion .

Thanks 

Pooltai Lawakorn 

This reply was deleted.