inspiring story about mother

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away.As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing.He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother.But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars."The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you!
    In many cases we don't realize what precious things we have,untill we'd lost it,unfortunately.
  • This is awonderful story just like you bobbi
  • VEry good reminder for us to love always our mother dearly..Shows all we can to make them feel they're important and loved...

Thank you soooooo much! another moving story from you...
  • Dear Bobbi,
    It's crystal clear when we have a precious s.o,we dont realize how she/he would be dear to us.
    we need some reminder like what u said in ur story to make a better world 4 ourselves & all of the people who we interact with them.esp. some pepole like MOTHER that best remarks r not a word 4 that !
    cheers !
This reply was deleted.