Replies

• Hi Tanya,

I have some question to ask you, so I would like to know which sentense is correct.

- We can be take many roles. or

- We can take many roles.

And could you please tell me about using "be".

Nice to meet you "Tanya", and I feel appriciate about your writing skill,

because it is so smooth and very beautiful. I like it.

Thank you in advance,

Pattpim 

• Dear Pattpim! Nice to meet you, too.

If you mean grammar, "We can take many roles" is correct. However, I don't like "take" in this sentence. I would say "play many roles".

As to "be". Well, it is a long story. I hope you don't want me to print a grammar book here! I have just posted something about auxiliary verbs here (my last reply to Alhgag):

http://my.englishclub.com/group/practiseenglishwithtanya

Please, ask me more particular questions, OK?

• This reply was deleted.
    • Dear Sarah! Nice to meet you, too. Feel free asking me any grammar questions
  • Dear Ben! I don't know any others except "G'morning, afternoon, evening" but they are too official for the chatroom not to say that we all live in the different time zones. I can ask for some slang if you mean that. As a matter of fact, in America "Hello" is mostly used instead of "Is there anybody here?". When we greet people, we say just "Hi!"
  • sometimes I confuse when using has; have and had as having and as perfect sentence.
    • Dear Mulya! Hi, nice to meet you! You see, I can't answer to your question in a few words. It is a part of grammar about the usage of Perfect forms. "Have/has" are the present forms, "has" is used with the 3d person, singular (see pages 3, 5 of this discussion), "had" is a past form. "having" is a part of either gerund or participle. Here are a few examples:

I have bought a car (Present Perfect).

He has already returned (Present Perfect).

He gave her the flowers he had bought on the corner (Past Perfect).

I was not sure of having been told everything (gerund).

Having been served lunch the committee went on working (participle).

You may ask me more questions but they should be more particular.

Have a nice day!

• thank you Dear Tanya..oke I'm going to ask to you if I have some questions.
  • Hi Tanya, long time no see...

I want to ask about preposition. What should we use when we refer or talk about website and computer. Which one is correct?

I wrote a blog post on MyEC

I wrote a blog post in MyEC

You should install an antivirus in your computer.

You should install an antivirus on your computer.

• Hi, Tanya

Could you please help to clarify the following?

The email address has been added?

The email address had been added?

The email address have been added?

• Hi, Rmati! If this sentence is affirmative, the first example is correct. Most probably, you should use Present Perfect. The word "address" is a singular noun in the third person. So, you have to use "has been". If the sentence is interrogative, it should be:

Has the email address been added?

This reply was deleted.