How to Speak English Fast & Easily

Hi To all!I'm here again.. I have one useful tips on how to speak english fast and easily. This tips is also came from friend, so I want it to share to all interested to do this technique.A story...A woman, had a problem. Her speaking was SLOW. She could not answer questions quickly.She listened to many english tapes and CDs. She listened. She repeated what the speaker said.Woman emailed my friends and she gave credit that she recommended "Listen and Answer" lessons to those who wants to speak english fast and easily using the listen and answer lesson not "Listen and repeat lesson".My Friend told her to use the "Listen and Answer " mini stories.My friend told her that "Listen & Answer is not enough--- when you repeat, you only copu the speaker. But when you hear a question and you ANSWER it-- you must think in English.We can do a lot of easy question here. I'm waiting for your question. And Im do my answer after that I also do my question to you or anyone who read this discussion.Your friend.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I like the tip and I'll must follow it.
  • Hi!

Tanya you might have taught grammar more than 25 years, but what about the people in english speaking countries who have never gone to school? Aren't they really able to speak english well? I don't think so.

Tanya said:
    Dear Murat! You are right as to babies. As I said I think it is possible to teach small children in such a way. Like you, I know some people who learned English from spoken language but during my 25 year teaching practice I've met only a few who spoke very good English. They all learned from native speakers. But even those people made many mistakes when they wrote. So, I think that only combination of grammar, listening, speaking and writing practice can give perfect results in teaching adults.

Murat Ozturk said:
    Hi Tanya,

I agree with you about learning grammar. But you don't need to learn grammar of a language if you want to speak it fast. If you don't want people to learn a foreign language the most important thing you'll have to do will be making them study grammar. I met many people who don't know anything about grammar but are able to speak better than those who are really good at grammar. Maybe, studying grammar is useful for native speakers to improve their knowledge about their own languages. When a baby is born, he is never thaught grammar to construct sentences. Am I wrong?

Take care of you all,

Bye
  • Hi Tanya!
    Wow! You and there people use expensive oils. But they are really very good for health. In my country, people mostly use cooking oil that made from most Palm oil.The well-to-do family use Soya oil, and more-well-to-do family use above oils. Special, still here, some people use fat (animal oil).
    As for price, in my country,normal oil is 24000dong~1.41USD/1liter while sunflower is 70000dong~4.11usd/1 liter, and olive's produce is more than expensive, as for corn oil is not see, not sale on market.
    All vegetation oils is not bad for health, no bad-cholesterol (have two type cholesterol: good and bad cholesterol). In fact, What kind of vegetation oil is than better?

Oils have more unsaturated fatty acids(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (polyunsaturated contain omega-3, omega-6, ...)) more is good. They often is used to mix salad, once frying.

Tanya said:
    Hi, Thuan! Here people mostly use sunflower oil. Some brands are very pure. As to me I prefer olive oil, especially for salads. Many people like corn oil. I, too, use it for frying.
    Tran Nhat Thuan said:
    Thanks Tanya!
    Have a nice weekend.
    I will try to understand when meet "As". Tanya! What do you know about edible oils? What kind of edible oils do you use? How do you use to it? I will be able to answer the question about edible oil ?
  • Hi Tanya.

the reason I'm learning English is that I live in the United Sates of America, for so many years I've been trying to excel my English language's skills, but there are few obstructions which are preventing me from accomplishing what I want.

the first of which is that my Inability to study or go to any collage here in the country;knowing that studying, reading, writing in English, communicating with classmates and professors will enable me to speak the language fluently, makes me feel little depressed for my incapacity of doing so.
    plus, the level of my native language is very high, since I'm a professional in it, so obtaining a very distinguished level of my language makes me dissatisfied with my second language unless it becomes as good as my first tongue.
    on the other hand, I live here in a very high social status, where I'm surrounded by professionals, and people think so high of my family and I, so it is very impressing when I fail to have a complete discussion without mistakes, or using a high level words instead of the little childrens' level of vocabulary. that situation does not allow me to ask any person for help, I hope that you understand my pain and need as well.
    your help is much appreciated.
    thank you madam.

Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! It is a good idea to start such a discussion. I will gladly take part in it. Howeve, let me correct your mistakes first. Follow your text:
    Hi everyone!one useful tip (singular)
    this tip
    my friend
    I want ot share it with everyone who is inderested in this technique
    those who want
    think English
    easy questions
    And I will post (write, type) my answer
    I will also ask my question

You should pay more attention to singular and plural, Tenses, sentence construction.

And now, here is my question.

You all learn English. So, I'd like to ask you the following. What is your reason for learning it and how are you planning to use it in the future?
  • Hi Tanya.

the reason I'm learning English is that I live in the United Sates of America, for so many years i've been trying to excel my English language's skills, but there are few obstructions which are preventing me for accomplishing what I want.

the first of which is that my Inability to study or go to any collage here in the country;knowing that studying, reading, writing in English, communicating with classmates and professors will enable me to speak the language fluently, makes me feel little depressed for my incapacity of doing so.
    plus, the level of my native language is very high, since I'm a professional in it, so obtaining a very distinguished level of my language makes me dissatisfied with my second language unless it becomes as good as my first tongue.
    on the other hand, I live here in a very high social status, where I'm surrounding with professionals, and people think so high of my family and I, so it is very impressing when I fail to have a complete discussion without mistakes, or using a high level words instead of the little childrens' level of vocabulary. that situation does not allow me to ask any person for help, I hope that you understand my pain and need as well.
    your help is much appreciated.
    thank you madam.

Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! It is a good idea to start such a discussion. I will gladly take part in it. Howeve, let me correct your mistakes first. Follow your text:

Hi everyone!
    one useful tip (singular)
    this tip
    my friend
    I want ot share it with everyone who is inderested in this technique
    those who want
    think English
    easy questions
    And I will post (write, type) my answer
    I will also ask my question

You should pay more attention to singular and plural, Tenses, sentence construction.

And now, here is my question.

You all learn English. So, I'd like to ask you the following. What is your reason for learning it and how are you planning to use it in the future?
  • Hi, Thuan! Here people mostly use sunflower oil. Some brands are very pure. As to me I prefer olive oil, especially for salads. Many people like corn oil. I, too, use it for frying.

Tran Nhat Thuan said:
    Thanks Tanya!
    Have a nice weekend.
    I will try to understand when meet "As".
    Tanya! What do you know about edible oils? What kind of edible oils do you use? How do you use to it? I will be able to answer the question about edible oil ?
  • Thanks Tanya!
    Have a nice weekend.
    I will try to understand when meet "As".
    Tanya! What do you know about edible oils? What kind of edible oils do you use? How do you use to it? I will be able to answer the question about edible oil ?
  • Yes, Thuan. There were a few misprints. I sometimes misprint when in a hurry. Let me explain the difference between "a misprint" and " a mistake".

"misprint" means that you push a wrong key on the board. If you read over what you have typed and you can correct your misprints they are not mistakes.
    "mistake" means that you use wrong spelling, grammar, vocabulary and don't know how to correct them.

As to your profession. I think that "an analyst" is better. It is a person who works in the chemical laboratory, conducts analysis and gives his opinion about the obtained results. But "an analyzer" is a synonym. However it is mostly used to define a device.

"as" and "as... as"

You are right, "as" has many different uses. "as... as" is easier to explain, so I will start with it.

We use "as... as" in the comparisons when we compare equal qualities, amounts or numbers. For exampe:

I am as tall as my brother (affirmative). (We are the same height)
    I have as many books as him (or he does). (We have the same number of books)
    You don't drive as carefully as your wife(negatine). (Your wife drives more carefully than you)

"as" has many different uses. It may take me half a day to describe them all. First of all, you should know its translation in your language. Here are some uses of "as":

1. When an object is used in the capacity of some other:

He used a newspaper as an umbrella (he didn't have an umbrella but it was raining)
    I work as an engineer.

2. When we compare two (or more) objects using "the same"

My last name is the same as my husband's.

3. As a synonym of "because"

As (because) I was going to be late, I hurried up.

"as" is also used in many idioms:

As to
    As you know
    As for me
    As a matter of a fact and so on.

Tran Nhat Thuan said:
    Hi Tanya!
    I think your mistakes that It is when you type.
    I don't know to use "analyser" or "analyst". But I can introduce about my profession:
    I take sample and analyse about physical chemistry of the edible oil like Iodine Value(IV), Peroxyde Value(PV), Free Fatty percent Value (FFA), Cloud Point(CP), Melting Point(MP), Soad Value(SV), ....
    Could I ask you one question? How do we use "as", "as ...as"? It really have many means. Some time I don't understand.
    Thank you!
  • Hi Tanya!
    I think your mistakes that It is when you type.
    I don't know to use "analyser" or "analyst". But I can introduce about my profession:
    I take sample and analyse about physical chemistry of the edible oil like Iodine Value(IV), Peroxyde Value(PV), Free Fatty percent Value (FFA), Cloud Point(CP), Melting Point(MP), Soad Value(SV), ....
    Could I ask you one question? How do we use "as", "as ...as"? It really have many means. Some time I don't understand.
    Thank you!
  • Thanks Tanya
    I have just read your comment. Thanks for corrections of the mistake for me and your analysis about my mistakes.
    Hi...I see your mistakes too. Don't smile to me if I wrongly know.
    The following is my corrections that is bold.
    Hi, Thuan! I am glad to be helpful. The following is your last comment with my corrections in bold.
    As to your profession, I am not sure if it is an analyser or an analyst. It is for you to decide because I don't know what do you do. But anyway, you should use an article "a/an" before it.

Tanya said:
    Hi, Thuan! I an glad to be helpful. The following is your last connemt with my corrections in bold.

Thanks, Tanya.
    Now I clearly understand about "to study" and "to learn".
    I have just come home. I work _ the shift B. When I arrive home, I start the computer to read your answer. I am really thankful _ for your answer and corrections of the mistakes for me. Thanks again.
    I will introduce myself.
    My name is Thuan. Vietnamese name is Trần Nhất Thuận. I _ live and work in Ho Chi Minh. I work at the edible oil, Golden Hope Nha Be. I am an analyser. I analyse edible oil.
    Glad to meet you. Thanks.

Your mistakes are:

1. The Tenses. If you mean that the action has just taken place, you should use The Present Perfect (I have just come). If you mean regular action, you should use The Present Simple (I live and work in...).
    2. From time to time you use wrong part of speech (really, corrections, thanks, thankful).
    3. Articles
    4. Prepositions
    5. Some words are wrong. You shoud choose them more carefully.

As to your profession, I am not sure if it is an analyser or an analyst. It is for you to decide bacause I don't know what do you do. But anyway, you should use an article "a/an" before it.

Tran Nhat Thuan said:
    Thank Tanya.
    now i clearly understand about "to study" and "to learn".
    I just go home. I work in shift B. when i arrive home, I open the computer to read your answer. I real thanks you for your answer and correct mistakes for me. thanks again.
    I will introduce about me.
    My name is Thuan. Vietnamese name is Trần Nhất Thuận. I am living and working in Ho Chi Minh. I work at the edible oil, Golden Hope Nha Be. I am analyser. I analyse edible oil.
    Glad to meet you. thanks.
This reply was deleted.