Help make MyEC a fun, creative community that respects the rights of authors, artists, photographers and publishers.
What you can do as a member of MyEC PD:
- Link to external sites rather than copying content that you like. (Be a good model. Quote only a few lines and always credit the author.)
- Report blog posts that you believe are copied (please provide a link to the original source if you can find it online.)
- Encourage new members to take the Plagiarism Pledge.
- Copy the MyEC PD image and use it as a badge in your own blog posts or comments. (Help spread the word.)
- Share the "How to Avoid Plagiarism" link with other members.
- Familiarize yourself with "How to Detect Plagiarism".
- Ask questions about plagiarism in the forum.
- Share a story about when you accidentally plagiarized. Your mistake will help others.
Please be gentle with first time offenders who are good members of MyEC. Many English learners do not understand the rules about plagiarism. Think of yourself as an educator. Most members are very appreciative when they learn the rules. They respect the rules as soon as they know them.
Why should you join MyEC PD?
- Improve your reading skills: Detecting plagiarism requires a bit of skill. It can be a good challenge for you as an English learner.
- Protect your club: MyEC will lose its great reputation if other website owners find content that is stolen by our members and posted on our club.
- Show respect for creative people: Help people all over the world learn the importance of honouring creativity. Say yes to inspiration and no to copying others. DIY (Do It Yourself) content is the best!