Language is a way to communicate each other, actually for us as a human. There are may be more than a hundred kinds of language in this world. We are lucky so much, because we can communicate in English. Do you ever think about what kinds of English do you use?? British?? American?? Or may be it has been influence by your mother tongue?? Actually, I myself do not to fluent in English, because I am not a native. My English may be also in Indonesian structure. What do you think about this phenomena??? Have you know your English actually??

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The more you speak the more you can.
  • Hi, you should say"how to be fluent". Try to revise grammar rules, do more drills. After all,don't be afraid of being mistaken because fear prejudices your progress.

Melisa Giahella said:
    Great!
    may be you can share your tips how to fluent in English, by it structure and grammar?
    do you think grammar is the main point in English?
    ahmad azzam said:
    mmmm i think about mine it is american because i studied school in UAE and iam studying university in jorden both of them are use american system :D
  • What is your mother tongue actually?
    did you find any difficulties in the process to be fluent?

I agree with you, dialect is a variation of a language, especially English. because people around the world learn it and sure that there are the influence by dialects.

natasha yankovskaya said:
    Hello, everybody,
    There are about 5-6thousand languages in the world. One of them is English.As for me, I speak British English and I try to do my best not to be influenced by my native tongue.To be precise, I have difficulties in using phraseological units.
    In addition may I say within the UK there are dialects and variants, moreover,there is American English, Australian, Canadian and even-they say-Chinese, Japanese etc.
  • Nice Anton.

but I think the fluency is the more important in learn a language. Do you think it is alright if we are not grammatical?

Anton supriyadi said:
    it's a good topic Melissa,
    that's right, sometimes were are confuse to determine, what kind of English that we learn?
    but, it's not important to classify it. Because all of English is almost similar in the world. it's depend to the mother tongue of the country that influence to the characteristic of English.
  • We need correction for our mistakes. Nice if we can corrected by others.
    How long you have been learning English??
    What is your mother tongue? Is it influence your English fluency?

shilpashruti said:
    For sure, my english is infuenced by my mother tongue, i have been trying to overcome this issue... for this i joined here..
    Very good job Suha...for correcting the Melisa Sentence.. Keep doing it for everyone.. wherever you find the mistakes.... then only the others come to know thier mistakes...
    we never forget the points if someone corrects something...
    Regards,
    Shilpa..
    Keep Smiling.. It costs nothing...
  • ummm.

yeah,,movie is one source to learn English directly.
    but how about the grammar??
    do they used English grammatically?

metalgearsolide1 said:
    Hello.
    Congratulatons important subject Melisa,my english kind is the American way because of Hollywood movies and cartoons...etc,is also the case with most people in the world.
    Saya salam...Metal Gear solide 4.
  • Great!
    may be you can share your tips how to fluent in English, by it structure and grammar?
    do you think grammar is the main point in English?
    ahmad azzam said:
    mmmm i think about mine it is american because i studied school in UAE and iam studying university in jorden both of them are use american system :D
  • do you think it is okay if I used mix english like this?
    How can I solve this problem?
    mayumi garcia said:
    I think the answer to your question is mix English..Mix because it has influence of the mother tongue...But I'm not sure..It's just what popped up into my mind...

Good topic, melissa!

mayumee
  • Sure.
    I agree with you, that we should be fluent in English. That's why I ask you to discuss about many problems that can influence our English. actually I am not too good in English, because my English structure still influence by my mother tongue.
    What should I do???
    help me solve this problem.

ahmad azzam said:
    hi everybody good discussion topic :D i must be fluent english speaker but i am now good :D
  • Hello, everybody,
    There are about 5-6thousand languages in the world. One of them is English.As for me, I speak British English and I try to do my best not to be influenced by my native tongue.To be precise, I have difficulties in using phraseological units.
    In addition may I say within the UK there are dialects and variants, moreover,there is American English, Australian, Canadian and even-they say-Chinese, Japanese etc.
This reply was deleted.