Let’s try association technique

Hello, English language friends,I like learning new words by associations. It’s very funny. You can do it with your friends or colleagues.Just show a new word your friend and ask what association hi or she has and why, than say your own and than compare the explanations with the dictionary.e.g. What do you think about word ray? For me it sounds a little bit sharp and clear. I think that it should be a noun.So ray is a straight narrow beam of light from the sun or moon.Can we start?My new word is lane. How do you imagine it?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello
    Nice to meet you.
    Thank you, for you answer. Could you suggest a new word?
    Some time I like to read my dictionary and look for the new words that are written the same like in my native language. E.G word stasis is a man’s name in my language but in English it is a state or period in which there is no change or development. So I associate this word with this person:)

Nadaa Aldin said:
    heeelllllllllloooooooo, your discussion very useful I found meaning the lane from dictionary which mean: narrow road,espacially in the rural area
  • heeelllllllllloooooooo, your discussion very useful I found meaning the lane from dictionary which mean: narrow road,espacially in the rural area
This reply was deleted.