D you know about valentine day

Hi, all !

please explain us what is the valentine day ? it becomes international moment to say something "love" to friend, family, etc. Also in my country, Indonesia. Maybe we know this moment but we don't know details.
Your explanation will be good for everybody who read and need it. So we know and understand what is the meaning and where is it from, etc.

For all, if you want to connect me via Yahoo Messenger then you can add me "amiyosomister is my name there" See You.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Rathi,

I look your style and I can understand very quick if you are from Bali he he he....
    Thanks for your comment about this valentine's day topic.

All, pls write here if you have more stories about this topic !
  • "Love is one of the most amazing feelings in this world. It is an emotion that keeps the world alive and gives us hope."
    Love and Romance

Hi Panggih,

I am Rathi From Bali Indonesia
    Love is in the air. Be it a valentine's day or any other day, you can celebrate each day in your own special way! Pour your heart and show your love to make your couple, your family, and your friend, feel special. Celebrate love, the most powerful emotion on earth, with chocolates, flowers, gift ideas, or romantic e-cards or just saying 'I love you'. Thank you for everything. Thank you for caring me, Thank you for being my best friend.
  • hi all,
    please write here if you have story during valentine's day, maybe something happen to you when you celebrated this nice moment, please share here my friends.....
    have a nice day...
  • I will write for you
  • hello yassermgdyahmed,

thank you very much. it's nice from real story to read. love is needed to be struggle. maybe many of you have love story regarding valentine's day or you have nice story like "Valentine" ? if yes, please write here....
    we are waiting for your writing. especially for beginners, like me, please don't be afraid to write. it's also one of way to improve our writing skills. we are friends, we support each other. i am also not clever but i want to be clever if i can...
  • 2000 years ago, the most powerful army in the world belonged to the Romans. The Romans were so strong, that they conquered almost all of Europe, and parts of Asia and Africa. But then they began to grow rich and a little bit lazy. Life in the army was harsh, and many of the soldiers longed for the comforts of home. They wanted to get married and set up families. The Emperor, whose name was Claudius the Second, was worried that his army was growing soft. And so he made a law that no soldier was allowed to get married.By that time, many of the Romans were Christians. And one of their leaders was a Bishop called Valentine.He believed that if a man and woman fell in love with each other, they should get married - and so he decided to let soldiers get married in his church, even though it was now against the law. The soldiers’ weddings were meant to be kept secret, but as you know, all secrets are hard to keep, and soon the word got out. Valentine was arrested and brought before the emperor who demanded that he stop helping soldiers to marry, and instead that he pray to the gods of Rome. When he refused, the emperor sentenced him to death.While Valentine was in prison, the jailer’s daughter used to bring him his food. She was a young woman who unfortunately was blind. She and Valentine used to spend long hours talking to each other, and they fell in love. One day, Valentine put his hand through the bars of his cell and touched the lids of her closed eyes. When she opened them again, she could see. It was a miracle.Valentine’s execution was set for February the 14th. On his last night on earth, he wrote his final message to the girl. He signed his love letter, “From Your Valentine”. This took place in the year 270, and ever since, lovers has sent each other messages on February the 14th with the same signature.
  • hi esin ay and kevin w.s.,

thanks for very interesting comment.
    For everybody, please add or write your story during celebrating of valentine's day. Or perhaps some of you will add some explanation regarding this nice topic. Thank you very much for reading, adding information, it is very positive for us for improving our english also it will add us about our knowledge.
  • ahaa, ofcourse i know valentine day.....since im a chinese,i still remember this years chinese spring festival is the same day as valentine day...what a coincidence!!!!
  • Tks Krishna,
    Discussion still open and everybody can add more explanations about this topic.
This reply was deleted.