Replies

• “Advanced learning” of English you mean, yes? Here is my experience for whatever it worth:

In 1986 when I came to America, it took me about 18 months to learn enough English to get around and make myself understood on a basic level. Then I discovered the “Nightingale-Conant, the world's largest producer and publisher of personal development products” http://www.nightingale.com/

And before I knew I was hocked listening to them all the time. It was fun, effective and a form of multi-tasking before its time. I was learning about life, the new culture I found my home in and with it the way people think and communicate. Now put this style learning into contrast with my formal schooling where I learned English for four years in high school.  All I got out of it was about 100 words that I knew prior arriving to America.

Point is: Explore different learning opportunities and if you find a higher order “reason” or “purpose”  that goes well with your English learning goal you may find your progress increase.

Good luck,

Zsolt

Nightingale-Conant Personal Development
    Welcome to Nightingale-Conant It's your dream. It's your time. Let's get started.
  • same findings as yours. my ID:snapshot1986

expect talking to u there!

• I am looking for such a partner too
    • So, nice to meet you then. :)

My pure aim is to improve my english by sharing daily gains. For example if I see smth new or interesting about grammar, vocabulary or anything, I am planning to share it with you in a daily base.

This reply was deleted.