TASK 3 - English language (27/09 - 10/10 2014)

Hello everyone,

guys, I am sad, seriously I am very sad when I look at the number of the members here in this group - right now it is 144 and when I check the number of posted records here. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!! 

What´s the benefit from joining this group since you are passive? Don´t you think it is little bit silly? I created this group for you, gave you for free the chance to improve your spoken English, to make some progress, to overcome your FEAR OR TALKING and many of you don´t do anything. Please, think about your attitude and make me happy, record yourself and I am sure people will appreciate your effort.

A) SPEAKING

Anyway, now let´s move to this 2weeks topic. I was thinking long and hard and in the end I decided to choose the topic related to English. 

I would like you to tell me why do you study English, if there is any future for you as for using English, if you need English in your everyday life or if you just take it as a hobby. What is it good for to communicate in English? Do you think English will be one day beaten by another one language? Since when kids should study English language? Or you can share sth personal like.. for how long you have been studying English and what you are doing for improving yourself. 

Think about this topic and please record yourself.

B) READING

And for those of you who don´t feel so self-confident to talk, here is the text :

While most students want to be able to read an authentic text such as a real newspaper article, even very Advanced level learners can find reading it in the limited time given in class a challenge. Some students therefore wonder why the teacher doesn't give difficult texts for homework when students have more time to read it slowly or just give easier texts. If you think your teacher should give you easier texts, you could be right! Most teaching experts agree that carefully graded texts are usually better for language learning. If you are in a special position such as needing to read articles for your work or studies, however, you might need lots of help reading properly. Reading slowly with a dictionary at home is not the best way of learning good reading skills. Even if you don't have a special reason to read in English, there are good reasons for using difficult authentic texts in class occasionally. Some of the good reasons are listed below. You can compare this list with the list of bad reasons for using difficult authentic texts in class and decide whether you think your teacher has the right balance in your class.

If your teacher uses a difficult authentic text sometimes for one of the good reasons above and uses that as an opportunity to teach you specific reading skills, you should put in the extra effort needed knowing that it will be good for your English study. If you still find yourself struggling with difficult texts almost every lesson though, it might be that more use of graded texts for someone your level would be better for a while. You might want to suggest this to your teacher or school management if one of the bad reasons for using authentic texts below is true for your class.

If you want to know more about reading etc., you can visit this website I took this text from : http://www.usingenglish.com/articles/reading-authentic-texts.html

And now !!! Hurry up, I am looking forward to your records ;-) 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Luci, thank you for your feedback :)

• Hello guys,

here m here with my record, finally got time to do it !!! :-)

https://audioboom.com/boos/2525715-task-3-english

Thank you for listening to me ;-)

• Nawa,

Loool not so big :p
    • Lucky to hear you again Lucy.  You are too good to speak English since I know a few Russians who can't pronounce English as good as you can.  You uttered every single word with great distinction.  It's true that it's a bit hard to teach English to 2nd or 3rd graders especially if their native tongue is not English.

So there remains a country who doesn't know how to speak English?  Really!  No wonder, since I can't find a single Hungarian in EC Club.

It's weekend, so I guess I can have time to participate here later.  I am just waiting for the right timing where noise is abated.  It's a pity if you can hear more the background noise than the recorder's voice.  

Great to hear you once again!

• It's my record.
    I chose the second way.
    https://audioboom.com/boos/2525185-garry-s-practice-10-1

• Garry,

thank you for your record, m happy you participated and  I would like to say just one thing - plz try to read more slowly, ok? Focus on pronouncation and don´t be in a hurry while reading.. enjoy pronounciation of each and every word plz. 

Looking forward to listening to your another one recrod :-)

• Thanks for your advice. I'll pay more attention on it.

• I am enjoying listening to the audio files. I hope some more people do this soon.

• Mr. Bob, 

I would like to listen to your record too, I know you don´t need to kill you fear of talking but it would be so inspiring for other members to listen to native speaker :-)

Plz think about it.

This reply was deleted.