TASK 1 - Let's introduce ourselves

Hello guys,

LET'S GET STARTED !!!!!

Since we all will work together, we should first of all introduce ourselves, which I personally consider the best start.

Dear members, your FIRST TASK will be to introduce yourself, to tell us something about you, be it private information or some general introduction - it is up to you.

I hope you will be not afraid of this task because in my opinion atmosphere of this group will be more friendly, if we know at least something about each other from the beginning.

As for this task I made one decission and I hope you will still like me - this time there won't be any text to read because I simply consider basic introduction the most important thing and everybody including the beginners should be able to say: "My name is...... , I am ...... years old and I live in ....., my hobbies are...  " etc. 

In case you would feel little bit lost, you can check these links :

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Speech-Introducing-Yourself

http://www.write-out-loud.com/self-introduction-speech.html

Let me add that it is up to you - you can read the text you prepared or you can talk by heart. 

And the last but not least, I would be glad, if every new member would go through this task, so that we would get to know something about them, no matter if it is in two weeks or two months. 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, Bianca, I have written this poem to avoid giving out too much info and I am smiling being pleased with myself!! :))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Inna :-D i liked when you said Russia - the end of this word sounded as if real witch pronounced it :-D good poem! thanx for participating and looking forward to your another one records ;-)

• My first name is René. I was born in a small coastal town (near Saint-Brieuc) Brittany (France) in...1935.

It was not a good period to come in because the Second World War was coming very soon, but what could I do!

My father was a baker, and we were three children: 1 girl and 2 boys. I was the younger. My older brother took over the bakery. My birth place is just near the sea. It’s also a small port with fishing and sailing boats. I always dreamed to be a sailor, and as many young guys in Brittany I made studies in the French Merchant Marine School.

I began to work aboard a lot of ships: cargo vessels, bananas ships, passenger ships, and at the end of my career container’s carrier. My first grade was Cadet, then Second Mate, First Mate and Captain in the last eleven years.
    I travelled in many countries in the world in smooth and heavy seas. However, I have not made all the round of the world: I never crossed the Pacific Ocean!  I think now, it’s a little bit too late, is not ‘it!

Of course, I made a Military Service: two years: 1957-1959. For me, it has been a very interesting experience: I was appointed on a Frigate (built in the river Clyde Shipyard (near Glasgow). This ship followed the French trawlers (cod fishing) on the Newfoundland Banks, Iceland and Spitsbergen. There was a small hospital on board with a doctor and two nurses (boys), operating theatre and six beds. We were bringing them the mail, some fresh food and all kind of help.

Now, I am a retired man (since 1990), but not inactive. During my voyages, I used to speak English very often, but I need to have a better practice, because I like it, and now rare are the opportunities to speak English. I have also learnt Spanish: I have visited Spain, Colombia, Equateur, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, and Central America countries.  

I come to English Club to keep and improve my English knowledge: It has always been a hard but interesting task: Everybody knows that French People is not good to learn languages, is not ‘it?

What else? My hobbies: I am a musician amateur: I play clarinet and chromatic accordion. It’s a very good pastime. I spent 20 years in the municipal orchestra of my town as a clarinet player. But now I have some articulations problems.

What about my Family: I am married (in 1959!) and we have 2 sons (born in 1963 and 1967) All both are always bachelors!

As I cannot stay without doing something, my last job is: try to teach a little bit of French to a group of migrants in the context of French Red Cross.

• Sorry for the frequent pausing

cuz I am having a flue and cough it's killing me !

Anyway thank you Luzzi .. take a bunch of rose from side <3    

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gXWn1eO3MS

• thank you so much, even though it was visible you are sick, anywayz you went through it and your spoken english is totally ok, I understood you everything!!! I like it and hope you will record yourself next time again ;-) 

• Hi, Thanks a lot Gabriel . I will now upload it like you suggested  :)

• Hi, 

few words about me :)

https://audioboo.fm/edlogando

See you all.

Ednardo

• Hi, Ed!

Umm...did you say you're a "poop employer"???  I think I understood the rest of the recording except for your work so I though I'd ask to clarify if I heard it wrong.

Anyways, nice to meet you, Ed, and welcome to the group.  

• Hi there!

Well, after some research I could discover the properly name about what I do for living. I'm a civil servant.

When I said on the record, I said I'm public employer but also the correct way to express me should be public employee..

Thanks for show me the way.

See you

• Thanx for posting your record ednardo!! Haha m better I understood PUP then i was like m sure u mean pub like public not like u r work in the pub :D btw, u were angry when u recorded it? No need to hate me for this activity to force ppl to talk :D hope u will be soon better than your wife :)
This reply was deleted.