What is real freedom?

1 - Most of people believe that freedom is onlywhen there is no slavery or oppression of one humanover another. Islam, although believes in thisconcept, has a higher definition of freedom. Thatis freedom from slavery of your desires andambitions, and that is the worst slavery. Forexample, one may be the slave of money or sex orpower and he or she will commit all types of crimesand oppressions because of this slavery. The crimeratio in US and Europe is higher than elsewherebecause of this type of slavery. Andinterestingly, most of the people in this type ofslavery do not know they are slaves.2 - Is obedience a type of slavery?If children obey their parents or students obeythere teachers or wives obey their husbands thistype of obedience is because of love. So obedienceis nothing but real love. And love is nothing butobedience. When a wife obeys her husband that isbecause of love of Allah (God) and also because oflove of husband. Because marriage is an agreementdone for the pleasure of Allah.3 - What is real pleasure?Most of people think the pleasure only relates tothe body but real pleasure is satisfaction of soul.For example, one can do this experiment anytime, ifone loves a type of food or a type of cloth verymuch if he or she happen to give that to a needyperson this type of pleasure is much moresatisfying and permanent.4 - What is the aim of our creation?When one person does not understand the aim of hisor her creation he will not understand the rightsof women or men. When aim of our creation isgetting love and knowledge of Allah (God) by hisobedience and worship so when wife is obeying theorder of her husband because of her love of Allah,she is reaching the aim of her creation.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think FREEDOM is something else.
    FREEDOM is to think & act in a specific circle.
    But this CIRCLE is not as small as a well,
    it is, actually, so large rather larger than the Galaxies.
    For concluding, the concept of FREEDOM,
    FREEDOM is " Think what u want to think but without hurt others,
    & Act what u want to act but without hurt others".

That is the essence of Freedom.

Saim
    • hi samiuallh

nice thought , you said the freedom larger than the galaxies and then you limited it in acting and thinking without hurting other .

it's more than that, you should be free from your desires and you control it not the desires control you , that the Basic meaning from this blog.
    • hello Noha!
      that s absolutely right that "one should control the desires"
      but it is individual matter & it is less related to the Freedom
      Human being is a social animal, it has to interact with others.
      so meaning for freedom, he can do everything in the universe.
      But if he is hurting others (including human & non human) then he is violating the rules of violations
    • hi samiullah
      right , i agree with you (individual matter)
      well the meaning of freedom has individual definitions , but my definition here in this blog is to be free from our desires . it's one of many definitions .
    • dear,
      Freedom is broader word & has broader meanings.
      we can not confine it only to the "desires".
      Controlling desires is something different from Freedom.
      But for the sake of discussion, as u may say " free yrself from the desires".
      But it sill remains incomplete.
      Because "absolutely freeing from desires" is "against the nature of the human"
      A man has to depend on the some basic desires or needs such as food, shelter, cloth etc.
      That is why I say, Freedom is to think & act freely but without hurting others (human & non-human).
      for example, if u need some food, then u r free to get the best food, then it is freedom for u.
      but at the other hand, if u take this food from snatching from other person by power, (hurting other human) & steeling this same food, by illegal or unfair means (hurting non-human-----rules, laws etc) then u r interrupting other freedom area, which will not be freedom.
    • you take it too far samiullah , you misunderstood what i meant from this blog , i never meant "absolutely freeing from desires" .
      and i didn't limited freedom on (freeing from desires) as i said before freedom has many individual definitions ,on my opinion this is one of these definitions .
      the outline here is to free our souls from the sins (desires)some of our desires could be sin , the meaning is much bigger than food and cloths and shelter samiullah , that why i put this blog in Islamic group .

and what you mention is right it is one of many definitions for freedom , but not what i meant in my definition (here).
    • Its ok Noha,
      now is cleared,
      u mean " freedom from bad wishes"
      right!!!
      anyhow, nice to meet u
      & read yr thoughts.

saim
This reply was deleted.