Many people feel confused asking grammar questions as they think they speak good English. Yes, they do and they are experienced enough to avoid some grammar constructions they don't know or are not sure of. But they may face the situations where they have to use the Standard Written English and it happens all the time as no one is an island in the modern world. In a few days you will be able to see the results of my test taken by the most experienced bloggers. By now, nobody of them has given 100% right answers.

So, the idea of this discussion is very clear: if you are not sure, just ask! We are alwyas here to explain and to help you improve your knowledge.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Mishaikh! Sounds very strange for me! I would say:

Get it approved by the Chairman.
    Mishaikh said:

"Please get it approved from Chairman!"

Tanya please let me know whether grammatically this sentence is correct.  It is most of the time written in my office on certain requests.

One of my friends in office says this is wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you have any questions on grammar, just ask them
    Many people feel confused asking grammar questions as they think they speak good English. Yes, they do and they are experienced enough to avoid some…
  • Dear Afro!

1. aunts.

2. much better

Afro said:

1. She is one of my aunts? or aunties?

2. He is much more better or he is much  better now?

Many people feel confused asking grammar questions as they think they speak good English. Yes, they do and they are experienced enough to avoid some…
  • "Please get it approved from Chairman!"

Tanya please let me know whether grammatically this sentence is correct.  It is most of the time written in my office on certain requests.

One of my friends in office says this is wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 1. She is one of my aunts? or aunties?

2. He is much more better or he is much  better now?

• Yes Tanya, I agree with you. The most of sentences which I have written, I always try avoiding misunderstood  grammers. I like this group and I hope to improve my grammar.

Aali

• Dear Afro! Please, look here. It is my comment.

http://www.myenglishclub.com/forum/topics/daily-practice?groupUrl=i...

Daily practice
    The idea of this discussion is practicing good written English. My idea is the following. I will explain you some grammar and ask you to do some task…
  • Thanks danny then when. Can I use invertion, please help me out.

• Dear! Both sentences are incorrect. You can't use the inversion wherever you like. So, the correct sentences are:

1. I think you have already found out why I need a part-time job.

2. Moreover, you have a lot of relatives over there and so friendly you are that I dare hope you can help me with a job.
    Afro said:

1) I think, already have you  found out why I need a part-time job...is it a correct inversion and can I write in this way in an informal letter?

2 Moreover, have you a lot of relatives over there and so friendly you are so you can manage a job for me.....is it correct as per inversion, dear Tanya?

• Dear   Afro! I have been working here for the last 8 years (or since 2008)

Afro said:

Dear Tanya,

Is it..I have been serving/ working here since the last 9 years or for the last 8 years?

• 1) I think, already have you  found out why I need a part-time job...is it a correct inversion and can I write in this way in an informal letter?

2 Moreover, have you a lot of relatives over there and so friendly you are so you can manage a job for me.....is it correct as per inversion, dear Tanya?

This reply was deleted.