Replies

• Hi Dear teacher Danny & Bijan

I'm sorry, I have seen this discussion just now.

RK's comment is not here now. But, I understood what he meant to say.

"Lakh/ Lac" is a term in Indian numbering system for "One hundred thousand"

100,000    =  One lakh

200,000    =  Two lakhs

450,000    =  Four lakhs fifty thousand

And, this term is widely used both in official and other contexts in Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/lakh

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lakh

Thank you. :)

• Dear Danny!
    Thank you very much,
  • Dear Bijan! In RK's comment "lack" means that he omited the word "hundred".

Bijan said:

Dear RK!
    First, thank you for your nice comment.
    Second, what does "lac" mean?
    I searched for it in Cambridge Dictionary, but I could not find it.
    Third, because of you said that, you are using as below in your country, where are you from?
    I would like you to be my new friend, but I could not add you. I will be very happy, if you add me as your friend.
    Best wishes and thanks in advance,
    Hi, my dear friends! I have read on English Club's grammar, if we want to talk about 450,000 we should say: Four hundred and fifty thousand. Now, her…
  • Dear RK!
    First, thank you for your nice comment.
    Second, what does "lac" mean?
    I searched for it in Cambridge Dictionary, but I could not find it.
    Third, because of you said that, you are using as below in your country, where are you from?
    I would like you to be my new friend, but I could not add you. I will be very happy, if you add me as your friend.
    Best wishes and thanks in advance,
  • Dear Danny!
    Thanks a lot,
  • Dear Bijan! In American we usually say "four hundred fifty thousand". However, we often leave out the word HUNDRED speaking about 3 digit numbers: 450 - four fifty although it is incorrect. So, if you say "four fifty thousand" in America, you will be understood, but it is incorrect.

This reply was deleted.