Hi, everyone. I am My Nguyen.

Writing is always an intricate skill. We often encounter a lot of problems when writing in English. It is high time for us to share our problems so that we can find out the most effective solutions for each.

As for me, I am not really a learner with writing competence but I must say I am into Writing skills. I started this discussion with a view to triggering all members in Essay Writing group to speak out and start their active performance on our group.

Just freely share with others your problems and your suggestions so that the group can perform better and meet each member's needs more. Your posted discussion can simply your imperfect sentences, your wonders about steps of writing, such as choosing topic, sentence building or finding ideas, or even your perfect essays.

I really expect this group can help us learn Writing Skills better by interacting among members. Hope to see your new discussions soon.

Sincerely yours,

My

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi My,

I am a caregiver, I'll start college at summer time and I know I'll be writing a lot. I always have as complain the order of the sentences also it's make me difficult to express myself in more than a few sentence. I am afraid to make mistakes and I stopped trying and it's really was a huge mistake of me so guys no matter what don't be afraid in writing. We'll learn about them.
  • Hi, I am new here. Just today I found this group. My problem in English writing are many. And, I know I should write more and revise my grammar also. Anyway, nice topic to discuss. Sometimes when I write any blog or anything, I guess, it i s okay. But, it is not in reality. Somebody must find some errors and I feel shame!

• writing skill is very complicated issue.first of all you should have knowledge about many things so having lots of knowledge help you to write easily .of course you should know the writing's formula and try to follow them step by step .I mean cohesion  ties and coherence devices and many other details that is necessary for wring.

• I would like to suggest that you also read English texts. Learners of English often miss little words which allow their writing to flow and makes your work appear much better .
    Second language learners often have problems with past and present tense. Many websites can help with this. Verbs that end in "ed" are usually past tense. If you write about something that occurred in the past you need to ensure that the content of your work reflects this. If you submit a sample text, I will be happy to edit for you.
  • Hi My! 

Well, the problem I usually encounter when I compose an essay is that the sentences I wrote tend to get flowery. I've tried to use simple sentences but I keep on committing the same mistakes. What can I do about it?

• Hello My Nguyen,

I am Vietnamese too, nice to meet you.

I love English, and I want to improve my Writing skill. I am working in Japanese company, so I haven't chance to practicing English.

I am really happy and interesting with the website, That is help me practice English everyday. And make a new peer group to learning English,

Bye.

• This reply was deleted.
    • first, I think you should break sentences when you write. The sentence you've written here is 5 lines long. ^^. Write simple sentences first, and you can minimize your making mistakes.

About vocabulary using, I think you should list all vocabulary items you may need to use in the selected topic before commencing to write.

•  Hi, my nguyen.

Thanks for making this group that can help us in English Writting.honestly, Its been a long time I really need  this group that can improve my skill writting in English. My main problem is I needs a lots times to write an essay. Besides, I don't know which one i should do first ( more ideas comes in my mind).I also don't know how to use continuous present tense and others. don't know how to use new words and still confuse whether the setences is corect or not.Hope you can help me.

• As for the first problem, you have so many ideas in your mind and you don't know what to do. I think you should set priority to important ideas. Just 2-3 are enough for an essay. The important idea comes first or vice versa.

As for the second problem, you dont know how to use tenses in writing. I have no solution. I think you'd better revise the usage of those tenses carefully.

As for new words, you should check their collocations in the examples enclosing with those new words in the dictionary. Many words have the same meaning but their usages are different.

Hope that my suggestions can somewhat help you. If you are not clear about anything, feel free to tell me.

This reply was deleted.