my first essay here

Hi, 

I know I have a lot of work to do... please help me to improve my writing...

here is my first essay... thank you an advance

Danielle

Memories and Expectations 

With her article, " Return to Vietnam" Elsa Arnett tried to illustrate some emotions that every human being experiences somehow during his life. In her writing she present us how her life was permeated by the Vietnamese culture. She describes situations of her childhood, where her mother tried to keep her own culture alive, with indifference and sometimes trying to run away from these moments.

Although she grew up in United States, she kept memories and expectations about her roots from Vietnam. She thought everything would be the same as she remembered and because of this she decided to return to Vietnam after thirty years.

Her memories of the city came back progressively with sounds, smells, images, but even these memories being alive inside her, her way to see everything changed with her. She stayed a long time far from her homwtown, from its costumes and culture and her way to see all of that is still the same. That’s the reason she got so disappointed when she tried the tofu.

She kept the memory of the tofu from when she was four and when she tried it again, she does with all her new memories and experiences making this moment different than she expected.  This will happen with more things that she will try, but now she will see it from a different point of view.

After tried the tofu, Arnett realized that although she was born in Vietnam, it wasn’t her home. Her home was the place that she grew up, where her memories grew after moved from the country she was born. Also she can keep good memories from her hometown but not create big expectations about it because everyday that she is far from there she changes because she sees different things from different ways and it changes her.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I have tried to make some corrections. English command looks very good. More and more writing practice will give required edge to your language. 

Memories and Expectations 

With her article, " Return to Vietnam" Elsa Arnett (has) tried to illustrate some emotions that every human being experiences somehow (sometime not somehow) during his life. In her writing she (has presented) us how her life was permeated by the Vietnamese culture. She describes situations of her childhood, where her mother tried to keep her own culture alive, with indifference and sometimes trying to run away from these moments.

Although she grew up in United States, she kept memories and expectations about her roots from Vietnam. She thought everything would be the same as she remembered (saw or experienced looks better option than remembered) and because of this she decided to return to Vietnam after thirty years.

Her memories of the city came back progressively (gradually looks the right word) with sounds, smells, images, but even these memories, being alive inside her, her way to see everything changed with her. She stayed a long time far from her homwtown (hometown), from its costumes and culture and her way to see all of that is still the same. That’s the reason she got so disappointed when she tried the tofu.

She kept the memory of the tofu from (herself) when she was four and when she tried it again, she does with all her new memories and experiences making this moment different than she expected.  This will happen with more things that she will try, but now she will see it from a different point of view.

After tried (trying or after she tried) the tofu, Arnett realized that although she was born in Vietnam, it wasn’t her home. Her home was the place that she grew up, where her memories grew after (after having) moved from the country she was born (in). Also she can keep good memories from her hometown but not create big expectations about it because everyday that she is far from there she changes because she sees different things from different ways and it changes her. (this looks confusing and needs to put separately. I did not understand what you want to say here)

• wow! thank you so much!!!!!!

that was really nice of you....

can I put more of my writings so you can help me?

thank you again!!!!

and have a great day 

dani

• Yes danielle, you can send me one article for a week to start with..some articles need discussions for clarity and may take some time..have a great day..

• Hi, I will surely help you. 

This reply was deleted.