About Myself

Dear Emily,

Would appreciate it if you could vet through my article and correct it where necessary.  By the way, I am not sure how this works, I have posted this article in my blog page but I don't think anybody will actually pay attention to the grammar or spelling error. So I decided to post it again here. Thanks a lot.

This topic seems easy but I am always speechless whenever people ask me to tell about myself. Too much information came rushing into my mind at once. I am not sure what exactly they want to know or which information should I tell them first.

When I was born my eldest sister named me Asnida Darwis after a famous female singer during her era. However, being a conservative person my mother did not like it because according to her the name was too long. They finally agreed only to one name, hence my name is Asnida. But all my friends and ex-colleagues know me as Asnida Darwis. I had worked for 20 years until Nov 2011. I had to quit my job because I have to come to Portugal with my husband. Here I am, a full time housewife.

I am the fourth from five female siblings. I do not have any brothers. When I was little I was a happy go lucky person. When I grew up, I became introvert. At least I think I am introvert. Some of my friends do not think so.

I always love English since I was little. But, none of my family members speak English. I did not learn speaking English until I was at secondary school. My English teachers were the only people I could practice English with. However, that did not diminish my spirit to learn more and more. Since then I never stop learning English.

I love and enjoy reading English novels. I have read approximately 200 novels for the past 10 years. I own most of the books. I like to re-read some of them but after I came to Portugal, I keep them at my parents’ house. It saddens me that I cannot take them with me but there is always a chance to buy new books.

Two years ago, I developed a new hobby that is a scuba diving. It was not really my heart’s desire to go for scuba diving. But my husband loves it and he needed a buddy. It was a nervewrecking experience at the beginning considered I could not swim properly. However, gradually I started to enjoying it.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Vsa, it matters what topic is selected and how it is presented to look like an essay. The topic like `about myself` as an essay can be presented to create some interested in first few lines. Like: `Subba Diving, how many would like to try when swimming is not really one's hobby. Well, I tried it and to my own surprise, I have started loving it. Credit goes to my husnand`

...writing is an art, you being a reader, you always have an edge over others. Your English skill is very good, however, you may not have tried writing much. So, it will take some time, naturally. I have tried to make corrections and underlined those corrections. (Also, the sequence of events need to be properly presented, which I cannot set now, sorry for it.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic seems easy but I am always speechless whenever people ask me about myself. Too much information comes rushing into my mind at once. I am not sure what exactly they want to know or which information should I share with them first.

When I was born, my eldest sister named me Asnida Darwis after a famous female singer during her era. However, being a conservative person my mother did not like it because according to her the name was too long. They (they means who?) finally agreed only to a shorter name, Asnida. However, all my friends and ex-colleagues know me as Asnida Darwis.

I had worked for 20 years until Nov 2011. I had to quit my job because I had to come to Portugal with my husband. Here I am, a full time housewife.

I am the fourth from five female siblings. I do not have any brother (any follows singular nouns like any body, any person etc). When I was adolescent I was a happy go lucky person. When I grew up, I became introvert. Its my own feeling that I am introvert. Some of my friends do not think so.

I always loved English since I was kid. But, none of my family members used to speak English. I did not learn speaking English until I was at secondary school. My English teachers were the only people I could practice English with. However, that did not weaken my spirit to learn more and more. Since then I have never stopped learning English.

I love and enjoy reading English novels. I have read approximately 200 novels for the past 10 years. I own most of the books. I like to re-read some of them but I came to Portugal leaving them at my parents’ house. It saddens me now that I could not take them with me but there is always a chance to buy new books.

Two years ago, I developed a new hobby that is a scuba diving. It was not really my heart’s desire to go for scuba diving. But my husband loves it and he needed a buddy. It was a nerve-wrecking experience at the beginning considering I could not swim properly. However, gradually I started to enjoying it.

• Dear Sunil,

I appreciate so much your corrections and comments. Truth be told, this is my second essay after the first one I wrote 3 years ago. But I will try to write more from now on. 

Thanks a lot :-)

• welcome, I am sure with more and more practice your dream to be a writer would come true..njoy the art of writing.

This reply was deleted.