Replies

• Well...
    A good idea is to prepare some questions in slips of paper and put them under their chairs, then each student gets his/her slip, read the question and answer for the classmates (these questions can be about work, comom situations, what they like or dislike etc). It makes them speak and they don't get shy because everyone has to speak... and they like it!
    Besides, you can ask some of your collegues who are teachers to record questions for them to listen to or watch and answer (they'll get anxious to know who is speaking on the tape), so you make a circle with them to do this, because they feel more comfortable. I think it would be a good listening warm up.

Cheers,

JOyce.

Thao Hoang said:
    Hi Joyce,

Well, it was also a big question to me before since I've got a class around 6 sts taking listening and speaking course with me...
    I often ask them a few questions or even their plans in coming days... just to make them speak few mins ..then we can start our lesson
    By the way, I got another class, they are taking pre-TOEIC course with me, and I'm in charge of listening part, they don't seem to be good at listening on TOEIC because most of them are students and most of vocabularies of TOEIC listening part are mainly on working environment
    Please show me how to help them out
    Many thanks
    Thao
  • Hi Joyce,

Well, it was also a big question to me before since I've got a class around 6 sts taking listening and speaking course with me...
    I often ask them a few questions or even their plans in coming days... just to make them speak few mins ..then we can start our lesson
    By the way, I got another class, they are taking pre-TOEIC course with me, and I'm in charge of listening part, they don't seem to be good at listening on TOEIC because most of them are students and most of vocabularies of TOEIC listening part are mainly on working environment
    Please show me how to help them out
    Many thanks
    Thao
This reply was deleted.