Hello everyone, I’ll contribute here to show you some information about Brazil and Brazilians members can also feel free to add some information or yet, open a new topic.
First of all, I'd like to apologize because of my grammar is not good and some mistakes here is inevitable!
Brazil – Land of Happiness.
- Brazil was discovered by the Portuguese in 1500 and became independence in 1822, but before the Portuguese arrived here, Brazil was inhabited by native Brazilians (indigenous), who remained, some of them, living in our forest and most settled in the Amazon Rainforest (Northern of Brazil).
- Brazil is the largest country in South America and the fifth worldwide, as you can see on the picture above we have a large coastal area and it’s bounded by the Atlantic Ocean, our language is Portuguese and Brazil is the only country in South America that speaks Portuguese.
- The culture of Brazil is derived from the Portuguese, Indigenous people and Africans, but Brazil also has a mix of culture from other countries such as Spain, Germany, Italy, Japan and Arab countries, they were immigrants that settled here in Brazil and contribute to our culture as well.
- The form of government is democratic public.
- Brazil has the greatest biological diversity in the world, here are some pictures about it:
- Brazil has a good economy; the industrial sector is rising every year, major industries include iron and steel production, automobile assembly, petroleum processing, chemical production, cement making, aircraft and the agricultural sector in Brazil is also powerful.
- Aircraft production:
- Petroleum processing:
- Agricultural Sector:
- Brazil has a lot of festivals over the year and the best known celebration is Carnival that begins on or after Epiphany and finishes on Fat Tuesday one day before Ash Wednesday, the best one is the Samba school parades as you can see on the pictures below:
- Brazilians are also known for their happiness, people who, in spite of poverty and oppression, display open-mindedness, optimism, friendliness, hospitality, fullness of life, love of music, these are characteristics that a visitor experiences in Brazil, having a sense that, indeed, it is the “Land of Happiness.”
Thank you members, I hope you enjoy it. As for me it was a good experience to show you and describe some information about Brazil because I have to find some words and expressions that I didn't know, but from now on I learned new words and vocabulary doing this activity.