PRONUNCIATION of the DAY

I'll be posting the PRONUNCIATION (in the form of PHONETIC SPELLING) of a WORD everyday. My objective of doing this activity is to raise awarness among our Club members the importance of learning SPEECH SOUNDS and their SYMBOLS if they really want to solve their pronunciation problems.  

Now, this is what I want you to do! Look at the PRONUNCIATION for the day and type out the related WRITTEN WORD. I would appreciate it if you could also add your VOICE RECORDING of the pronunciation. It will help those who don't know how to read the PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTIONS. Make use of this opportuntiy to improve your pronunciation or help others with their pronunciation. Here's your very first PRONUNCIATION. 

PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 1

2975793139?profile=RESIZE_710x

You can use the "voice recorder" below to record your pronunciation and play back the recording to listen to your pronunciation. This voice recorder does not save your recordings, thus you can record your voice as many times as you want until you perfect the pronunciation of a word.   

Powered by Vocaroo

If you want to RECORD the PRONUNCIATION given daily and SHARE it here with us, you can use the online tool called "CHIRTBIT". Check the home page of this group to learn how to use the tool.

NOTE: For your easy access and practice, I have compiled all the PRONUNCIATIONS posted below at the PHOTO page of the Group. Check it out!

You need to be a member of myEnglishClub to add comments!

Join myEnglishClub

Replies

• :D it's karaoke. 

• Well done, SNR!

• PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 24

3249627704?profile=RESIZE_930xThis PRONUNCIATION is not difficult to say, is it? But, do you know the correct spelling of the WRITTEN WORD? If you do, can you type it out? You can also add your voice recording of the pronunciation.

• hey Gab,

the answer might be Sovereign.

:)

• Excatly! Good job, SNR. I want to show you why it's essential to learn the PHONETIC SPELLING and how EASY it is to understand and read it ! Look at the word "sovereign" in the image.3254949350?profile=RESIZE_930x

There are three LETTERS that are SILENT in the word. If we look at the PHONETIC SPELLING (the last one), it doesn't show the sound of the LETTERS that are SILENT. It tells us which syllable is STRESSED. It is the first syllable "sov" /sɒv/. (The phonetic spelling could also tell us the exact sound that a letter(s) makes in a word!) We get all the information from the phonetic spelling for us to pronounce the word correctly. This is why it's IMPORTANT TO LEARN HOW TO READ THE PHONETIC SPELLING to solve your pronunciation problem once and for all. 

• Thank you so much, Gabriel, for explaining the silent letters and how it is pronounced. It's really helpful. :) Stay Blessed. 

• PRONUNCIAITON of the DAY - 23

3222629202?profile=RESIZE_930x

Here's your next PRONUNCIATION? What is the WRITTEN WORD of this pronunciation? Who can RECORD the pronunciation and SHARE the audio with us?

• annihilate

Resultado de imagen para annihilate

• Good job as always, Angy!

• PRONUNCIAITON of the DAY - 22

3205112565?profile=RESIZE_930x

This is a very easy pronunciation. Who knows the WRITTEN WORD of this PRONUNCIATION? Could anyone record the pronunciation and share the audio here?

This reply was deleted.