I'll be posting the PRONUNCIATION (in the form of PHONETIC SPELLING) of a WORD everyday. My objective of doing this activity is to raise awarness among our Club members the importance of learning SPEECH SOUNDS and their SYMBOLS if they really want to solve their pronunciation problem.  

Now, this is what I want you to do! Look at the PRONUNCIATION for the day and type out the related WRITTEN WORD. I would appreciate it if you could also add your VOICE RECORDING of the pronunciation. It will help those who don't know how to read the PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTIONS. Make use of this opportuntiy to improve your pronunciation or help others with their pronunciation. Here's your very first PRONUNCIATION. 

PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 1

2975793139?profile=RESIZE_710x

You can use the "voice recorder" below to record your pronunciation and play back the recording to listen to your pronunciation. This voice recorder does not save your recordings, thus you can record your voice as many times as you want until you perfect the pronunciation of a word.   

Powered by Vocaroo

If you want to RECORD the PRONUNCIATION given daily and SHARE it here with us, you can use the online tool called "CHIRTBIT". Check the home page of this group to learn how to use the tool.

NOTE: For your easy access and practice, I have compiled all the PRONUNCIATIONS posted below at the PHOTO page of the Group. Check it out!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies

• Think of a country not far from Japan

• Wow! What a pleasant surprise! I'm on cloud nine seeing you here, Mr Josef. Your presence radiates positive energy all over the group. I'm pretty sure seeing you here will make the club members take part in the challenges and make good use of this group for their own benefit. 

Thank you very much for the clue. It would be a great help for participants to guess/get the answer. Hope to see you here frequently! It would mean a lot to us. Have a wonderful day ahead, sir!3175266867?profile=RESIZE_930x

• PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 13

3157532417?profile=RESIZE_930x

What about this PRONUNCIATION? Do you know what the WRITTEN WORD is? This is a good example to show how in English a PRONUNCIATION seems disagree with its WRITTEN WORD. This is why they came up with the idea of PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTIONS (or pronunciation spellings) to help us with the pronunciation of English words. Thus, it's essential for everyone to know how to read the phonetic transcriptions printed after each word in the dictionary.   

• memoir

Resultado de imagen para memoir

• Nice work, Angy!

Note: Many don't know that the word "memoir" is pronounced /ˈmemwɑː/. I have heard people mispronouncing it as /ˈmemɔɪr/. It's time for them how to read the phonetic spelling to pronounce the English words correctly.   

• PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 12

3142694473?profile=RESIZE_930x

You must have used in your speech and also heard from others this pronunciation numerous times! Now, what's the WRITTEN WORD of the PRONUNCIATION.

• PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 11

3129831250?profile=RESIZE_930x

Is this how you've been saying the PRONUNCIATION? Do you know the WRITTEN WORD of this PRONUNCIATION?

Note: Words are made up of small units of SOUNDS. Each sound is given a SYMBOL. These symbols are what used in the dictionary to show us the PRONUNCIATION of words. You can see the pronunciation printed after each word in the dictionary. One who knows the speech sounds and the symbols, could easily pronounce all the words listed in the dictionary. Thus, make an effort to learn the SOUNDS and SYMBOLS

• The pronunciation of the word is juvenile. It is used for a person who looks young or is young.

eg. juvenile books

juvenile court

juvenile delinquency3551710558?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Nice work, Anastasia!

• juvenile

Resultado de imagen para juvenile

This reply was deleted.