I'll be posting the PRONUNCIATION (in the form of PHONETIC SPELLING) of a WORD everyday. My objective of doing this activity is to raise awarness among our Club members the importance of learning SPEECH SOUNDS and their SYMBOLS if they really want to solve their pronunciation problem.  

Now, this is what I want you to do! Look at the PRONUNCIATION for the day and type out the related WRITTEN WORD. I would appreciate it if you could also add your VOICE RECORDING of the pronunciation. It will help those who don't know how to read the PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTIONS. Make use of this opportuntiy to improve your pronunciation or help others with their pronunciation. Here's your very first PRONUNCIATION. 

PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 1

2975793139?profile=RESIZE_710x

You can use the "voice recorder" below to record your pronunciation and play back the recording to listen to your pronunciation. This voice recorder does not save your recordings, thus you can record your voice as many times as you want until you perfect the pronunciation of a word.   

Powered by Vocaroo

If you want to RECORD the PRONUNCIATION given daily and SHARE it here with us, you can use the online tool called "CHIRTBIT". Check the home page of this group to learn how to use the tool.

NOTE: For your easy access and practice, I have compiled all the PRONUNCIATIONS posted below at the PHOTO page of the Group. Check it out!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies

• mustache, but its transcription should be  Br. [ mʊˈstɑːʃ ]/Am. [ ˈmʌs.tæʃ ]....that makes me think I am mistaken?

• Hi, Angy! Congratulations for giving the right answer. You deserve a pat on the back.  

Note: I'll be posting PHONETIC TRANSCRIPTIONS (phonetic spellings) based on the standard form of British English pronunciation, i.e. Received Pronunciation, or RP for short. In British English, the pronunciation can be /məˈstɑːʃ/, /mʊˈstɑːʃ/ or /ˈmʌstæʃ/ where the written word is spelled "moustache". Thanks for your feedback, Angy! I truly appreciate it. 

2983189426?profile=RESIZE_710xThe above screeshot was taken at the online Oxford Learner's Dictionary.

moustache noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner's Di…
      Definition of moustache noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synon…
  • PRONUNCIATION of the DAY - 2

2981292178?profile=RESIZE_930x

This is the PRONUNCIATION of a word. Do you know the WRITTEN WORD of this pronunciation? Who can record the pronunciation and share it here with others?

NOTE: Is the above "writing" strange and new to you? Would you believe me if I tell that's actually the English PRONUNCIATION of an English WORD. Basically, the PRONUNCIATION of WORDS are made up of small units of SOUNDS called PHONEMES. There are 44 PHONEMES (or SPEECH SOUNDS) in English. Each SOUND is given a SYMBOL. If you know the SOUND that each SYMBOL (called PHONETIC SYMBOL) represents, you can easily tell the PRONUNCIATION of a WORD even if you have never heard the pronunciation before at all. For example, the pronunciation of the word "SILHOUETTE" is made up of 6 SOUNDS. The SYMBOLS of those 6 SOUNDS are /s/, /ɪ/, /l/, /u/, /e/ and /t/. When we put together these SOUNDS, it will be /ˌsɪluˈet/ which is the PRONUNCIATION of the word "SILHOUETTE". You can see the SOUND SYMBOLS printed after each word in your DICTIONARY. Knowing to read those PRONUNCIATION SPELLINGS will solve all your PRONUNCIATION PROBLEMS once and for all. You can talk to me over Skype if you need more details about the SPEECH SOUNDS. My Skype ID live:gabrielsowrian     

Interactive Phonemic Chart | Pronunciation | EnglishClub
    Click to hear each symbol and sample word. This interactive phonemic chart contains all 44 sounds used in spoken British English (Received Pronunciat…

• This is an easy one. Gesture.

• Good job, Angy! Thanks for your participation. Get ready for tomorrow's pronunciation. I'll be posting a pronunciation every single day. Also, don't forget to check my other forums in this group. I have more forums in the pipeline. So, please become a MEMBER of this group and don't forget to invite your friends to this group.  

• So many gestures to show the meaning of a word.3551745058?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Good job, Anastasia!

This reply was deleted.