Do you have a READING HABIT? If you do, why don't you READ SOMETHING for our club members' LISTENING PLEASURE? It can be an interesting NEWS taken from a Newspaper, a SHORT STORY that you read recently or ANYTHING that you feel worth sharing. It will help you with your READING SKILL and PRONUNCIATION. The club members, meanwhile, can sharpen their LISTENING SKILL. This activity will definitely help both the SPEAKERS and LISTENERS with their English. This is a GOOD OPPORTUNITY that I don't want you to miss. Happy Speaking and Listening
3321729598?profile=RESIZE_710x

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
                       1. GET READY your READING MATERIAL.
                       2. GO to CHIRBIT voice "RECORDING and SHARING" site.
                       3. RECORD reading your piece and SUBMIT it. 
                       4. [Or, you can UPLOAD a pre-recorded sound file from your computer!]
                       5. COPY the EMBEDDING CODE (HTML code) and COME TO THIS PAGE
                       6. CLICK the "MEDIA" button (the third one) on the TOOLBAR of your COMMENT BOX.
                       7. PASTE your EMBEDDING CODE and PRESS the button "Ok". That's it! 

Let me get the ball rolling. Here's my MAIDEN VOICE RECORDING.

Check this out on Chirbit

Note: I humbly request all the PARTICIPANTS and LISTENERS to COMMENT and CORRECT after listening to one's audio recording. It would be impossible for me to do that all by myself. Sometimes I may not be even around. Thus, I need your help to keep this page active. THIS IS OUR GROUP. Thank you! 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies

• Good job...congrats. You seem to be the only one who maintains this group alive nowadays. 
      Thanks for sharing. Liked it.

• Thanks for your appreciation, O.M. Yeah, I have reached this corner behind time when everyone has already boarded on their respective vehicles.

• Poetry -3

Hello! How are you  all? Here is my one more recording. Hope you all will enjoy!!

She Walks in Beauty

She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that’s best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
    Thus mellowed to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
    Had half impaired the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
    Or softly lightens o’er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
    How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,
    So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
    But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
    A heart whose love is innocent!

She walks in Beauty.m4a
    • Thanks for your comment, Bossona. It always feels good to have a feedback. 

• Poetry -2

Hello!! Listeners, here am again with a new one. I hope you will enjoy this one too!

Spring and Fall 

to a young child

Márgarét, áre you gríeving

Over Goldengrove unleaving?
    Leáves like the things of man, you
    With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
    Ah! ás the heart grows older
    It will come to such sights colder
    By and by, nor spare a sigh
    Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
    And yet you wíll weep and know why.
    Now no matter, child, the name:
    Sórrow’s spríngs áre the same.
    Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
    What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
    It ís the blight man was born for,
    It is Margaret you mourn for.
    Spring and Fall by Shaheen.m4a
    • Good job, Shaheen. So much thankful for your participation and for maintaining this corner alive. Nice choice of poetry. Nice intonation and voice managing. Please, keep on involving us in listening and taking part. 

I am thinking now to record something too. Let me see what. 

• Thanks for your appreciation and complement O.M. Yeah I see, once upon a time, this corner was very alive. but now it's not. I know you have left a good footprint here. I hope you will come back here with flying colours.

•  

Hello!! Listeners, here is my first one, sound quality is bad. Though I can't help but uploading the track...

Sowing by Edward Thomas

It was a perfect day

For sowing; just

As sweet and dry was the ground

As tobacco-dust.

I tasted deep the hour

Between the far

Owl's chuckling first soft cry

And the first star.

A long stretched hour it was;

Nothing undone

Remained; the early seeds

And now, hark at the rain,

Windless and light,

Half a kiss, half a tear,

Saying good-night.

Sowing Final.mp3
    • Nicely done, Shaheen. :) The sound was okay, nothing to complain. XD Keep going! ;)

• Thanks for the compliment, NotAClue, 

This reply was deleted.