Do you have a READING HABIT? If you do, why don't you READ SOMETHING for our club members' LISTENING PLEASURE? It can be an interesting NEWS taken from a Newspaper, a SHORT STORY that you read recently or ANYTHING that you feel worth sharing. It will help you with your READING SKILL and PRONUNCIATION. The club members, meanwhile, can sharpen their LISTENING SKILL. This activity will definitely help both the SPEAKERS and LISTENERS with their English. This is a GOOD OPPORTUNITY that I don't want you to miss. Happy Speaking and Listening
3321729598?profile=RESIZE_710x

HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
                       1. GET READY your READING MATERIAL.
                       2. GO to CHIRBIT voice "RECORDING and SHARING" site.
                       3. RECORD reading your piece and SUBMIT it. 
                       4. [Or, you can UPLOAD a pre-recorded sound file from your computer!]
                       5. COPY the EMBEDDING CODE (HTML code) and COME TO THIS PAGE
                       6. CLICK the "MEDIA" button (the third one) on the TOOLBAR of your COMMENT BOX.
                       7. PASTE your EMBEDDING CODE and PRESS the button "Ok". That's it! 

Let me get the ball rolling. Here's my MAIDEN VOICE RECORDING.

Check this out on Chirbit

Note: I humbly request all the PARTICIPANTS and LISTENERS to COMMENT and CORRECT after listening to one's audio recording. It would be impossible for me to do that all by myself. Sometimes I may not be even around. Thus, I need your help to keep this page active. THIS IS OUR GROUP. Thank you! 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies

• Hey Gabriel! 

Thank you sooo much for your support and nice words, it means a lot to me :) 

Now talking about embeding audio player itself I tried it but don't know why always the link gets posted here. 

Will see where the problem is. 

Thanks once again for creating this group. It has been very helpful so far to learn and improve my pronounciation. 

See you around.

• I'm glad to have been of help, SNR! You know what? I've added another page to our English Pronunciation Group where you can learn how to embed the audio player of your voice recording made at Chirbit. Check it out!

HOW to SHARE your VOICE RECORDING
      Are you thinking of sharing your voice recording here at the "English Pronunciation" group or anywhere else at our English Club, but DON'T KNOW how t…
    • Thanks Gabriel :)

• Hi, SNR! Very nice try!! Congratulations, you did it. It is not horrible at all! Lovely voice, nice pronunciation. You have a feel for the intonation trying to follow the rhythm. Again, very nice try.

Therefore, stressed syllables are a little bit higher in pitch, and often a little longer and a little louder than unstressed syllables. We all need to improve this ability to find out what exactly to stress )). So do I. There are some words that are needed to be practiced: dioxide /daɪˈɑːk.saɪd/, atmosphere  /ˈæt.mə.sfɪər/, and company /ˈkʌm.pə.ni/.

Thank you so much for sharing. Your reading is really amazing. I am trying to encourage myself to do the same...Lol. Let's see )) 

• Hi Angy

Thank you so much for encouraging me and listening to my maiden recording.

Are you a teacher ? You sound like a teacher who has knowledge of English phonetics :D

Thank you soucj for your correction and feedback. It is indeed useful. 

See u around dear :D

• Check this out on Chirbit

Hi, this is me reading the begining of the book "Lord of the Rings", any constructive criticism is most welcomed. Also for anyone intrested in having Skype conversation to improve spoken English feel free to contact me, my skypename is: ultragorki

• Hi Gorki,.. Your reading is very clear. Except the 'eversince' word I have no problem understanding your recording. Also, I wanna suggest a little variation in intonation maybe to have a color in your voice. Other than that it's really awesome! Please continue reading for us. 

• You have to record audiobooks with such voice, Gorki...Such good pronunciation! I really enjoyed listening to you.

• Hi, Gorki! Thank you for sharing your voice recording with us. I really enjoyed listening to you. You have a nice accent. You enunciated each word slowly and carefully. This will definitely help the listeners how those words are pronounced. Thank you! However, as our fellow group members mentioned, read naturally in your next recording. I've spoken to you before at another platform. I found your English was fluent and natural. That's exactly what I would like to hear from you here as well. Thanks again for the great work!  

• Hi Gabriel, nice to speak with you again. I am glad you liked the recording. 

Thanks for the compliments, and positve feedback.

You point out that i am more fluent when speaking in my own words than i am when i read. Ok, good to know.

I guess when reading i encounter not familiar words, and phrase constructions, however thank you also for your constructive criticisime, it is most helpful.

Have a nice day

This reply was deleted.