Let's DISCUSS: REDUCED ENGLISH

Hi and good morning. 

Let's discuss the problem of reducing English as a language. i want to illustrate what I mean:

Are you "FOR" or "AGAINST" such actions in any language? To my mind, when people try to make something easy and short somehow characterize them as lazy, not attentive and again lazy people. Personally I don't like when someone asks me using these reduced words and I usually ignore such messages as "HAI, H R U?" :) 

And what is your opinion?:) Thanks.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MP

:P

• I don't prefer using this words in any conversation
  • I against it. because language is the one of the way to communicate with other and I usually ignore them who use this thing to communicate

• Very true they are just three letters........having no emotions.
  • for me these are just 3 letters and nothing more.

• If someone says ILU to you, will you really believe he/she really loves you. What is the rush to used REDUCED EXPRESSION, does he/she wants to leave you shortly?

• always when i read xoxo i hear voice from " Gossip girl" series ;] in my head:D i'm from Poland and (fortunately) noone of my friends use it.

i'm against

• Yeah. I wouldn't like to receive a love letter like this: 

HAI, HRU, my LUV?

XOXOXOXOX

• I am feeling that I have received a love message from outer space from an alien!  In the first glance I even couldn't understand what is it, because I thought about some codes. OMG! 

• A spy love letter :D

This reply was deleted.