Week 17: Monday, 29 December 2014

(1) Vocab test

The test consists of 30 questions and will comprise of the vocabulary we learned in all the lessons this semester. It will be in the format of a multiple choice questionnaire and you choose the correct answer from three possible answers. We will meet in our classroom 341, but we'll move to another bigger classroom for the test.

(2) Short awards ceremony

Categories:

1. Best 3 role plays (+ one consolation prize)

2. Best 3 English Club commentators

3. Best vocab test result (to stand over)

P.S. - COMMENTS:

This is the very last opportunity for comments (and to gain a final mark if you want one!). Please answer the following questions in your comments:

1. What did you like in the classes? What kind of lessons helped you?

2. What did you dislike in classes? Except for the teacher who didn't smile sufficiently and was too strict (sorry!), which lessons didn't help you at all?

3. In your view, do you feel you have made progress during this semester with regard to your English language skills? Yes/No? Why do you think so?

The comments don't have to be in before the next class. This time you can do the comment after class - as long as I can get it before next Friday (2nd Jan 2015) as I then want to finalize the semester grades. Thank you. :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Time went by,I still remembered I was so nervous when I took this class at the first time,because my spoken English is not so good,so I try to prepare it carefully,I didn't hope that I can't follow you or expressed myself clearly,but after this semester,I dared to speak,Thanks to the part of communicating with my patner and finished the task you gave us,I can hold my own view by speaking,and learned others' point about all kinds of aspect,what's more,It is useful for us to learn how to cooperate with others.If I have to say some disadvantages about this class,I think the classroom can't make us do some activities,because the chairs are fixed, so I just communicate with the students who next to me,but it is not on our fault.I really think this class make me have the progress,I have encouragement to speak whatever my spoken English level is,I learn to form the language in my mind not in the notebook.In addition,I have told you that I really admire your attitude about life.I will learn from you,I sincerely believe,whoever's encounter is a thanksgiving,thank you,my teacher John!
    http://notebook.In/
  • Mr.John,thank you for your pay to the English lessons.And I'm glad to be one of your students.As we can see,it's impossible to practice our spoken English in dormitory, and the class give me the chance to do it.I was so shy that don't want to speak before, but in the classes I try to speak loudly.And I realize that it's not humiliating if you can't speak fluenty when you are beginner.I can speak English loudly in front of everyone, and I think that is progress.And another thing is my listening is progressive ,because every class I try to listen to you carefully to understand what you say.
    And I think Mr.John is serious and responsible teacher, sometimes I can't undertand your humor, maybe because of the different culture.I still remember the sentence you write on the board-English is the key unlocks the world to you.Even though the class is end,I won't stop to improve my English.Because I want to learn the world.
    And I hope everything goes well with your work in FuXin.Thank you again for all you do for our classes.
  • 1when we talk about with my patyner,I enjoy it .I think an interactive lesson could help me
    2I dislike nothing ,every lesson help me improve my english.Only for me,I don't carefully study in class,I'm so sorry
    3I think I made big progress in this semester about my english skill,because ,I never speak english initiativly,but in this class ,I can sheak english bravely
  • I thuoght by myself when the end of the class will coming.I have kinds of thoughts which make understand a lot of reasons.If you really want to make progress you must pay efforts to it.Maybe it need spend you plenty of times and you wlii feel so tired,but you must believe that you will receive mass of harvest.when you want to give up you can think it,then you can regain energy.
    In the classes,i like spaeking english with my friends especially the debating.I like sharing my feeling with others and listening their thoughts abou every thing when they use english to express.F rom it i can know the areas for improvement of myself.To be honest, i don't like the system that it needs point.The reason why i think is that the class is voluntary.I think i have made progress about my spoken.You know we haven't chance to speak english in our daily life.I realised that i must increse my vocabulary.So that i can express my thought more smoothly.

myself.to
  • At first ,I am so sad that it will our last comments, although evertimes my comments didn't engouh good ,even more the comments with the topic have no matter.I also try my best the comment,every week it can remind me of study English ,it give us a encourage to study english, just to intersting.To be honest,at the begining ,I join the class in order to improve english ,but now I begin to love it slowly and slowly.Howerver,this new is very sad that you wouldn't teach us the next years.I am worried my enthusiasm will be extinguish.but I won't.Never too late to learn.
    I think a good class is the teacher should talk with students each other,this is not limimted school request's konwledges,We should learn more knowledge in life. this is to say,we should study the life.I enter into the college about one half of years,I hardly didn't listen the english courses,because the english teacher just to teach the books konwledge ,the whole class we may be sleepy in the class.
    But when I joined the semester that I began change my view- study english just to learn vocabularies and grammars and so on.now I have a new view that is we study english in order to entermate,we could use it our life and everywhere,In addition,it help me to open mouth to speak english ,let me enough confident to talk with my partern or other people.
  • It's the last time we give comments on the website,and the class is going to be over.I know you will leave us for others,but it won't be the last time I contact with you.I will always greet you in the  future,  so  please reply me in order that I can know you are fine.

For the questions:

1.I first learning from a foreign teacher is in my primary school,so I am not unfamiliar with this teaching way and I enjoy it very much.I have experienced many good English teachers,and they all teach English in an open way,for me I am used to this kind of class that can improve my English very much.Because I think English as a language need be spoken out.

2.I don't like an Engish class have no voice all the time.I enjoy active atmosphere,but it's the responsibility of our students who don't like speaking.

3.Yes, I think I have made a little progress in my thinking in English,once I have a teacher told me that if you want to learn English well,think it in English way.It's really a difficult thing,isn't it?The tune of English speaking is my weak point,I can find some progress now.

That's all.

• I cant believe that next lesson is our last lesson for the oral English class ;How time flies.I learned a lost in the oral English class over the pass few weeks,and I think my oral English has really improved .Thank the teachers of our college for giving us the good chance to practice our English.And thank John for helping us to improve our English ,and without you ,we cant make such great progress,thank you very much.
    In the classes ,I like the English movies,the short videos and the topics of those John let us to discuss,the most I like is listening to John speak English,because from this way,I can really improve my listening skill.I think learning from the short videos abuot how to learn English well help me a lot ,from which I can get many good methods to learn English and I can imitate the accent and speech patterns of the people in the short videos.And also,I can learn something about other countries,like cultures,life-style and so on .
    Oh ,I am sorry to say I dont know what I dislike in classes.Comment on the website improve my writting skills,and listening to the news improve my listening skills ,and in the classroom ,I can not only practice my listening skills and increase vocabulary,but also practice my communication skills .I like all the lessons(maybe one thing I dont like is John didnt smile a lot in the class).
    I really make progress during this semester,especially my listening skills.But I think the best I gain from classes is to think deeply,it is not only important for me to learn English ,but also important to my life.Thank John for teaching us the way to learn English well and to think deeply.
  • Firstly, I want to say thanks for you , I am grateful for you to give me a lot of lessons,I will keep you in mind forever . Through the class I know I should do more about my English. Practice oral English, remember more words and so on .
    In the class,I like the part of speaking in the class that draw to answer the question. Because we can express ourselves .And I think this part also can help me a lot. Through discuss questions with pairs and answer the questions, I can improve my oral English,it can also gave me confident. A nd comment before the class also give me a good chance to improve my English.
    I think I don`t like the name card we should have in the every class. It gave me nervous. And I think listen to music only have a little help for me . But I I have to admit that, in this class, we are the most relaxed and happy. And we can learn other life lessons through the movies.It also my gain.
    I am grateful for you that I have made big progress with my oral English and my sense of English. I think I am able to speak English more fluent than before. And I have the improve to listen to English. I am more confident to face to foreigners because I know I also can understand what they say .( haha this is the teacher give me confidence, thank you) In one word, I think I am so lucky that I can meet you and do your student.
    Welcome!
  • 1.John,i have to say as long as it is mentioned,i really like this class.As far as the education is concerned ,there is a big difference between Chinese culture and Western culture.This class teach me how to communicate with other people,speak english as much as possible ang don not be afraid of making mistakes.
    2.The inactive of speaking is a regret.Everytime John always draw lots to decide student who should answer the question.I think the students in Amercian must be very brisk.I feel little sorry about it.
    3.During this semester,i feel i have make progress in colloquial language and presentation skill. And by making comments,i enhance my quantity of vocabulary.
    Time flies,the new year is coming.Wish you a Happy New Year in advance.We will miss you.
  • First,i want to say sorry to you ,Jonh,because i didn't always in the classes with you and my classmates.But i still want you to believe that i really enjoy the lessons.Then i want to say thank you so much,no matter if i make a progress during rhe classes.I just think it's a good experience in my college life.Next i will answer the questions.I liked the film and the music called rose,and both of these two classes i learned very seriously.And i didn't have something dislike in classes.I think the reason is that whatever the classes teach us they are helping us to improve the english level.Mention the problem that if i make progress during this semester with regard to your English language skills,i must say yes.I feel that my language skills really turn better than before.For example,i can read a english news fluently by myself.If i have another chance to learn english with you,i will feel very grateful.Thank you for your help in our english learning,we appreciate so much.I hope will have a chance to meet you again.
This reply was deleted.