Week 17: Monday, 29 December 2014

(1) Vocab test

The test consists of 30 questions and will comprise of the vocabulary we learned in all the lessons this semester. It will be in the format of a multiple choice questionnaire and you choose the correct answer from three possible answers. We will meet in our classroom 341, but we'll move to another bigger classroom for the test.

(2) Short awards ceremony

Categories:

1. Best 3 role plays (+ one consolation prize)

2. Best 3 English Club commentators

3. Best vocab test result (to stand over)

P.S. - COMMENTS:

This is the very last opportunity for comments (and to gain a final mark if you want one!). Please answer the following questions in your comments:

1. What did you like in the classes? What kind of lessons helped you?

2. What did you dislike in classes? Except for the teacher who didn't smile sufficiently and was too strict (sorry!), which lessons didn't help you at all?

3. In your view, do you feel you have made progress during this semester with regard to your English language skills? Yes/No? Why do you think so?

The comments don't have to be in before the next class. This time you can do the comment after class - as long as I can get it before next Friday (2nd Jan 2015) as I then want to finalize the semester grades. Thank you. :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• At the first beginning, I just cannot follow your words, I remember there was a time when you said “agree” to me, it was then when you wrote the word on the whiteboard that I finally recognized that word, but later I find it is easy to get your idea (Not to mention the last class I mistook a table instead of a chair, embarrassed ToT) And it’s really no need to mention your “too strict “style, I mean I’ve seen much more strict teacher before, even slapped me in my face sometimes.

As for my favorite class, I think it is the movie class, because we can get not only some speaking skills, but also some information about a English speaking country, that works. When it comes to which class I dislike, frankly, I think every class has its purpose, though sometimes may not get a good respond.(Here I am really sorry for no volunteers to answer questions in the class, I think we all lack of confidence in some situation like this)

Then, I wanna say that I really improved after take this class, especially my speaking skills, although it’s not that obvious, in a word it do help me in some way.

At last, I really want to thank you, John, for your patience and love, Thank you! Appreciate all you did for us.

• john,i know i am not the best student who do well in the english class,but i also want to say i really learn something in your class.Excepting the knowledge in speaking,hearing,vocabulary and so on,i have deeply felt your earnest and intentions.Just want to say:thank you.(though sometimes you were very strict with us,aha,but i know it's for our bad expression,i'm sorry.)There is no part i don't like in classes.Relatively speaking,i'm a shy girl.Before the class,i dare not to speak in public,especially in English.But for the class atmosphere and times to practice,i make advances,really,and now i dare to express myself maybe not influently.What interested me most was when we talked with our partner in English.Actually,when someone was picked up to speak in class,that's the most beneficial opportunity to practice oneself.I think it undoubtful that students has learn sth more or less during the speaking class,of course i was no exception.Lastly,thank you to accompany with us in the half of the semester and wish all is well with you.Pleased to know you and hope to meet you again someday.
  • At the first i want say thank you teacher ,i wsa so lucky to enter the class.And then for the first question ,i like the part of play different roles in class,in this part we are another person and think in different position ,we organized our own language to press our ideas.I enjoy the process .Imperceptible in our oral english is improved .Also i like the moves we watched in class yes many of us cried .and i hope my boyfriend love me like the boy in the moive .For the second question there are no part i do not like ,i like the teacher the classmates and every thing ,i think we are family .The last question i will say yes i have made progress during this semester with regard to my English language ,and now in ordinary life i also like to communicate with oters in english .i kike this feeling .My love teacher i will miss you and if you will go to fuxin i hope if someday i go to fuxin i can meet you .and you see every students in our class love you .It is revy happy.
  • At first ,thank you so much,teacher.About the class,I think role play ,make comments and the news are helpful.We can discuss in group during the class,we think how to express ourselves in English and correct mistakes with your help.I like the songs and movies which you choose for us,they are brilliant!And the news help me more,I will listen the news every week .Everything you did for us is nice,I just dislike myself.Because I didn't try my best to do what I should do,I 'm sorry ,teacher.I will miss you.
  • To be honest ,i really like our classes and i think discussion in groups is really helpful.It lets us learn from each other and we also can correct others'mistakes.In my opinion ,i think my written enlish doesn't improve.Sometimes,I don't know how to use a suitable word to express myself. Besides,i think i have made some progress during this semester though i faied the vocab test.I really really regret for my careless.Maybe my score let you down.I am sorry .I really want to take it agin.Ok ,i know it is impossible.There is no regret medicine.But i will not give up learning english. .
    helpful.It has been registered for a client of Livetodot.com
  • John,thank you for your teaching.I think that I am very lucky to be in your class.Your class is different from my other classes.In my opinion,the best thing is role play in your class.On the other hand,role play can practice my oral English.On the other hand,I can rich my vocabulary from role play.In addition,role play is so interesting.I am an outgoing girl,so I always make communications with other people.And I think the debate in class is also useful.We can practice our English from it.
    I think that I make a lot of progerss from your English class.My English language skills have improved a lot.In the next days,I will always practice my oral Englsh.I may read some English books and watch some English movies. I believe that my English will become better and better.Thanks for your teaching again.
  • Discuss part is my faverite. I think the classes role play and each class has a topic free to comment and opinion for freely talking are most helpful to me. I don't like the atmosphere of the classroom, I think we can learn easily, the discovery of the error in the chat, it is important to enhance learning. But I hope the students can talk about their own views, because different environment, teachers and students view may be different, but we should try our best to understand difference with each other. I think the progress of this semester is very big , let me get into the habit of learning English whenever and wherever and helped overcome the obstacles of dare not to speak at the same time.
  • 1.I prefer film lesson.It's more relaxing for students.But to tell the truth,asking questions is the helpful part for me.At first,I didn't like it.I was afraid I couldn't give you a good answer.Whenever you call my name,I will be in fear and trembling.After several classes,I felt that I began to get used to the atmosphere here.And I felt one question didn't seem to make me so nervous.I read, and thought about the assigned material before class so that  can be prepared to discuss the materials or answer questions.In other words,the question part made me spend more time on English. 2.I hope that you can hand out a list of words to every student in each class.We can study words and phrases more convenient. 3.Of course.It help me a lot.I told you that my English is not very well,so I'm not qualified to come to this class.I want to improve my English.My English is the worst in this class.But now, I don't think so.(I said that because of the results for the vocab)The reason:this class.I really and sincerely appreciate for your help. Would you please take a glass of water when you having classes in FuXin.Water and pear are both good for your throat.The air is not fresh there because of the coal mine.I will miss you.
  • I'm sorry for late comments. Time flies, our class is over. Actually,there are a lot of words want to say. All in all, thank you very much for your teachings. My hometown is Liaoning province, my English college entrance examination is so-so. In the university, the teacher in class is to teach in English. To begin with, I don't understand. On the one hand, because I had not learned English phonetic. Liaoning college entrance examination , on the other hand, the English test don't have the hearing. So, my high school in liaoning do not take the oral English practice, and I also never practiced to read English. In college, I always can't read English, because I can't read simple words even. The fist month in your class, in fact,I also don't understand what you said. But then, each class has to talk about our idea,and I try to say accurately . I will write down the task of class which I can't read and to look up the dictionary. Up to now, although I also don't understand every word what you said , I know what is your meaning. A few days ago, I took the CET - 6 test, and I feel the listening part has made great progress. Really,I'm very grateful to you for the class,it's of great help for me. I will remember what you said the last class, and also thank you very much for our chocolates. Finally, happy new year to you. In China whatever inconvenience you have, please tell us! We can help you!haha......Last but not least,wish you a happy life forever.
  • How time flies! Now this term is coming to end. And we finished the last English lesson.I like our oral English classes.It's different from other English classes in our school. It gives us a chance to practice spoken English,we can speak English in this class instead of just sitting and listening to the teacher like many Chinese classes.The oral classes benifit me a lot,it also helped me to improve my spoken English.And Mr.John,you taught me a lot,not only teaching me English but also let me know many life points.thank you.
    As far as I am concerned,every class is useful as long as you are eager to learn.During this semester,I think my biggest progress is my listening.I remember that I couldn't follow you at the first class,but now I can understand most of what you said. There is no doubt that English is so important for us.I will continue studying English and strive to express my feelings in English.

Finally, I hope everything goes well with you, wish you health and happiness.and we will miss you (^_^)
    http://classes.It/
This reply was deleted.