Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes , ikonw that .And i am honored can jion the club to enhance my spoken language.
  • I have know the game roles about the big town now.It's about the residents in Town.We use the cards contain many information for us to play roles.And we can take turns to paly different roles. I am so sorry.
  • I think it would be very interesting when we play roles on the class today.We would enjoy ourselves all the time when we are talking to each other.I t must be very useful for our speaking english.I think we can find the thief when we ask some questions.I am very looking forward to this class.
    • Men Yaqiong, you didn't have time to go through the game rules as it was too late. That's why you are referring to a thief and we're not going to have thieves in this exercise. Why do you wait till now to comment?! :(

• Mall Maps Mobile is a free directory of major shopping malls, store directories, and maps for your mobile phone...

Malls across all 50 states with full store directories! View Mall List
    Find malls near your current location, or browse malls across the country by state!
    Flick through the store directory to see all the great stores you can shop at while you're there!
    Touch to dial the mall or store to see if they have the item in stock that you're looking for!
    Plot driving directions to the mall!
    Stop hunting for the directory! Use the map in your pocket to navigate the mall to your shopping destination!
    Bookmark your favorite malls for quick and easy access!
    • Lyn, the city of Big Town is a remote city and too small to be listed on mobile phones for free directories. You'll have to do the directions yourself by explaining verbally to whomever is asking you for directions. Then your mobile apps would help you nothing. Btw, you didn't quote the source where you copied the passage from (so, that makes it plagiarism)!

• I thinkit is a challenging game .And if some one who whant win the game ,he or she must use his wisdom .I will do my best to win the game , and enjoy the happy process. I can not wait to have this class .
    • Well, I don't think it is really about winning and losing; it's more about practicing your listening and speaking skills! :)

• After reading the rules of Big Town game several times,I find that it's really different from the games we played that each group was made up of two or up to seven person.In other words,the range of the game is the whole classmates,isn't it?It's must be funny.Although the game is a bit difficult for me,like some names of food,however,as the beginning of this article,it will be a great opportunity to practice my english skills!
    • Yes, you are right, the game should involve the whole class! But, the class is too big and I'm not sure that it would be practical. So, I still have to decide how to do it! Whichever way we do it, I am sure you will practice your speaking and listening skills!

This reply was deleted.