Week 11a: Monday, 17 November 2014

On a Plane: Discussing aviation vocab and dialogues. You have to look at the worksheet to comment. Students, please stop looking at the previous comments from your classmates and give an original comment (your own thoughts). Thank you. Cai Huibin will forward you the attachment if you can't see it here.

M - W11a - Discussion - On a Plane.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• That is a dialogue on a plane.I have never taken the plane,so when I read the dialogue,I realize that there are so many things that we should pay attention to.For example,if we are physically capable and willing,we must open the emergency door if necessary.In addition,it is important that we read the safety card in the pocket of the seat in front of us for directions.On the other hand,I am so satisfied that we can have many choices for drinks.
    • Well, Lu Wenjun, about that emergency door, it may only be opened in case of an emergency on the ground (or in the sea if one is still alive ...). If the door is opened in midair, the pressure inside will escape and everything (and everyone!) close to the door would be sucked out. So, when the stewardess said that to mr Gonzalez, she only meant what she told him if there would have been an emergency. But most passengers know that. Recently (about two weeks ago) I read online in the news that a man on a flight from a foreign airline company drunk too much and in his intoxicated condition, he tried to open one of the emergency doors. Luckily one of the other passengers overpowered him when he heard a woman screamed and realized there was a problem. Now that man would have to appear in court and may get a stiff sentence as the foreign aviation laws are very severe when it comes to passengers behaving on their planes.

• After read the dialogues.I found a lot of vocab that I can't understant.And I learned a lot of knowledge about avaition.we may be have many questions in the first travel by the airplane.If we have any questions,we should ask airline stewardess.That can make our travel more enjoyably and safely.The most important thing is that we should pay mare patience on it.
    • That is the idea with this lesson, Zhang Tianjiao, that students may extend their vocabulary as most students of English do not have sufficient vocabulary to speak the language properly. So, I am glad if you learned some new words and got some knowledge from this exercise. So, one day you may fly with more confidence. :)

• There are a lot of new vocabularies that i don't know. Thanking god ,eventually i figure out the dialogues by looking up words in dictionary.I have never flown so i learn a lot from the dialogues.I am a little looking forward to class on monday.

• Zhang Min, you didn't have to talk to God about the lesson ... you should have just started looking up the words that were unfamiliar to you and then you would have understood the lesson! If you haven't been in a plane yet (like most of your classmates, I am sure), you will now get familiar with some aviation vocabulary which would assist you in future and hopefully it may help to make your flight more comfortable. We'll also do a few dialogues and that'll too help you to remember some words and actions related to flying. :)

• I have read this worksheet,it has a little difficult to read .Because there are so many new words in it,i have to look up them in the dictionary.Through this article,i knew many general knowledge of plane.I knew the cabin distribution of the plane,how to put our bags,and how to festen my seatbelt.And if we are have the event that there is a change in cabin pressure,the mask will help us.I have no choice to take a plane ,but by reading the article i have knew much.
    • Well Yao Zengjun, if you looked up the unfamiliar words in the dictionary, then you have done exactly what I am hoping the students would do! Then you would know better what the lesson is about, and you wouldn't sit in the class not understanding the new words we'll discuss. So, thank you for doing that! And one day when you fly around in China or abroad visiting other countries, everything on the plane wouldn't be completely unfamiliar to you anymore. ;-)

• I suddenly found that I didn't know many aviation vocabulary, it shows that my English has great improved space. besides that i know we must listen to the the flight attendant, because only if you do it, you won't make mistakes and when you need something or when you are in danger, you can successfully escape, finally, I will learn english harder ,i need improvment.
    • Yes Hui Ying, I agree with you about the English to improve, in particular the vocabulary; but, it is not only you, ALL the students in our oral English class need to improve and need more vocabulary. So, I hope the students in the class who are really serious about improving, would work toward achieving their goal for English. And of course, this aviation vocab (and in particular practicing the dialogues) would teach you some words you may need one day when you start flying all over the world to visit other countries ..!

This reply was deleted.