(1) News by Tara - on Monday by Class 2 and on Wednesday by Class 1.

(2) Semester oral assessment: Role plays in pairs

Students to be creative and plan their own act or skit (or dialogue). We have practiced a number of role plays this semester to make you familiar with the relevant action. Be original and don't copy one another, pse. If you don't know what to do, look for a topic here on this website under 'Learn English for Learners' and search for it (or wherever you can find it).

P.S.

Each skit or role play to be not less than 3 minutes and not more than 5 minutes long; and the time of the dialogue should be more or less evenly shared between the two participants.

Only Tony's group will consist of 3 students. No other exceptions will be made (so, don't even ask me pse). Tony can choose any pair he'd like to team up with (as long as the team wants to accept a third person in the team.

Students who read their scripts would be penalized.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The role play is interesting,and I think the story I made up is interesting.Me and Di Xin will offer a eye-catching performance.See you,teacher.

• We have prepared for this role play ,I hope we can do well in this performance.There is no big error ,mistake,and the importantly,there no nervous between us.Candy and I do this performance aim to make all of our class  happy.We hope we can have a positive and high emotion to spend our class time.Including you ,our teacher,WE two hope we can make you laugh.

• the role play is so interesting . i like it very much .my partner is zhangqingbao .we have a funny story for mates .i am so excited to perform this act. i believe that will be cool . i know i should be hard to get a good mark .i think i can.this term i improve a lot ,i just wanna say , thank you john. you are my admired teacher .

• This reply was deleted.
    • Li Xiupeng, I don't know whether you've noticed that I didn't make any comment on this lesson post ..? There was of course a good reason for that. Here is a copy of a notice I forwarded to Class 12 early on 20 May:

"A message from Zakumi to all members of Class 12 - Liaoning Technical University on EnglishClub!   Students don't have to comment on the lesson post for the second class this week about the Role plays. Rather concentrate on practicing your little dramas/role plays. There will be an award later for the best role play of each class (for correct use of language, fluency, pronunciation, tones, presentation, and a little for acting). Thank you."

Strangely, most students did leave comments despite me telling that it wasn't necessary (I would have given the students their additional marks here towards the final semester score any way). Of course I didn't mind, but that was unnecessary. What however did make me concerned, is that the students either didn't understand the message, or they didn't open their emails to read the message. So, if I can't communicate with you via the general notice system in the groups, how will I get messages out quickly to all of you (except from burdening the two class monitors on qq to convey it on my behalf, but not being sure they would convey the message exactly as I wanted it to be understood)?

Okay, see you on Wednesday. Hope the students would be better prepared than last semester!

• Oh,Teacher, but also a role to play, and I cry, this time we want the audience to role play can understand, and I want to play a suicide scene shirley not be written later changed to think it is a bad debt write-site so now not ready yet, but I will try to say let everyone understand

• I didn't realized that it is the 14th week,and we just have two weeks to learn together this semester.The role play is so interesting that we all like it.This time,we need to write our own script.I think it will be more interesting to watch different stories and performance.My partner and I have written our story and we have practiced it. It takes more than 3 minutes.Our role play is not too fun as someone else,but we take it seriously and make good preparation for it.Hope that we can do it well.

• I am shocked to hear overcutting of trees. Of course, in China, there is also this kind of phenomenon. I think this kind of behavior is immoral, it is the lack of rational thinking, and not based on the plan. At the same time, overcutting behavior also exists in the whole world, as a part of the people of the world, we have responsibility, obligation to protect our forests. We should unite and strive for the beauty of the world.

• Hi,teacher.First,I want to say just like Mr Bao's said,How time flies!It's time for test.I just think of a topic for tomorrow's rolo play.It's a hot topic in society a few years ago.It's about if we should help the old people when he or she fall over on the road.We will prepared for it now.Look forward to tomorrow's class.See you teacher.

• Xiao Hao, I don't know whether you've noticed that I didn't make any comment on this lesson post ..? There was of course a good reason for that. Here is a copy of a notice I forwarded to Class 12 early on 20 May:

"A message from Zakumi to all members of Class 12 - Liaoning Technical University on EnglishClub!   Students don't have to comment on the lesson post for the second class this week about the Role plays. Rather concentrate on practicing your little dramas/role plays. There will be an award later for the best role play of each class (for correct use of language, fluency, pronunciation, tones, presentation, and a little for acting). Thank you."

Strangely, most students did leave comments despite me telling that it wasn't necessary (I would have given the students their additional marks here towards the final semester score any way). Of course I didn't mind, but that was unnecessary. What however did make me concerned, is that the students either didn't understand the message, or they didn't open their emails to read the message. So, if I can't communicate with you via the general notice system in the groups, how will I get messages out quickly to all of you (except from burdening the two class monitors on qq to convey it on my behalf, but not being sure they would convey the message exactly as I wanted it to be understood)?

Okay, see you on Wednesday. Hope the students would be better prepared than last semester!

• Today's news is about the discovered dinosaur fossils, and I really like the scientists through something left over from history, to analysis of thousands of years ago, the distant era seems to always have a kind of magic in pulling us to explore to find, and then get some philosophy of life.

Tomorrow's role play is designed according to our own, is already the past scene, we choose this also want to recall at the beginning of a good. University has been the past half, is really time flies, come back to think about it, some of the pieces are in at present flash across, should cherish. A little sad, ha ha, don't say.

This reply was deleted.