Replies

• I agree that deforestation was probably the main contributor to this disaster, Zhang Qian, but it's not only the climate that's to blame, I believe. The last two wars (Russia first and then America) destroyed that country and I think that might have been even the biggest contributor to the disaster as about nothing was left after all the bombings and fighting. Tens of thousands of Afghans were killed during those wars, and now this ... So sad.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I'm not sure whether it was the same situation, but I read about such a case a while ago (there were actually quite a number of those accidents) where the rich man's son killed a lady on a scooter and then he got scot free because of his father's political connections and his money. The rich and famous get away like that as they have lost their consciences and became morally corrupt. And then the politicians (Party leaders) cover up for them too. A society that has degraded so much to allow such things to happen, has lost it's human heart ..

• I've noticed quite a number of drivers on the roads that really shouldn't have been behind a steering wheel of a car. How they've passed their driving tests, only they know. Maybe they had enough money to buy the license, or maybe the drivers at the driving schools are not all good drivers themselves? But I guess driving under the influence of liquor has also become a major problem now that people are getting rich fast and have more money to waste on entertainment and lavish meals (where the use of alcohol would be self-evident). Many of them don't care whether they can afterwards drive properly, or not, as they never think of the wellbeing of others first. Sad, but true, I believe.

• Is a role-playing lesson, seemingly this is difficult. But I really like if I want to be able to play a simple role, such as spectator-year-old granddaughter haha

• But the spectator-six-year-old daughter can talk ... so, I hope you would be ready to give your version of the accident too ..!

• Yes, maybe you can learn in this role play how not to drive a car, Bai Ma! But, I also hope to see you taking part and improve your English! :)

• i am sorry to hear the news .i am so sad .i think i just can Pray to god . you know ,i like the role play .when i first play this game ,i feel this activity is interesting .last class,HuangGuodong and i took a better talking . i believe this class ,we can do it well .

• Yes, Zhang Fang and Annabel mentioned the same phenomenon about people (especially old people) being so immoral and heartless that they do that just to extort money from their victims. If it would ever happen to me, I would refuse to give them money, and if the police are such fools to arrest me and bring me before a court, I would still refuse to pay compensation for something I haven't done. I would rather go to prison for the truth than paying for a lie!

• Well, I am happy to hear that some of our students are also visiting Shoushan at times. It is good exercise (even for the eighty and nearly sixty-year-olds ..!). About the role play ... yes, the shortsighted bystander can make the accident must more interesting as she/he saw a much different version of the accident. The policeman should bear that in mind! But of course their would always be the bystander who would take a chance and say that as she/he was shortsighted, they couldn't testify (like a certain class 2 student ..)!

• Well, you can be the sweet old lady, but only if you can drive a car and have a valid driver's license! Maybe you should rather be one of the witnesses ..!

This reply was deleted.