Be a Newscaster (2011)

[Note: With almost 10,000 comments here we have decided to start a NEW thread for 2012.  Please join us at Be a Newscaster 2012!]

Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Hi lama,

After rewieving my writing, I didn't like so much its style and tried to do some adjustments but I couldn't. 

Unfourtunately, something like unpreventable disturbing things coming from outside etc. cut your concentrations and make you quick motion.

:))

Very good to see you or listen your perfect voice frequently,

-Selma-

• Thanks Selma. Wish you all the best,dear.
    • Hello Lama Amar, still your pronunciation is amazing, you speak like someone who has lived a few years in the States. I am surprise you are so good with your pronunciation just by listening to english all the time. My opinion is that you are very gifted :)) Bravo.
    • Thanks dear very much. Wish you success, Manuella. By the way, where are you originally from?
    • I was born in Belgium, lived for a while in the States, in Italy and in Canada (Quebec) and now, sharing my life between Turkey and Belgium again.
    • Wow! that's very interesting! I love travelling very much, but unfortunately I've never been to any country but Syria, my homeland. I've been to most of the cities there... It must've been a great experience to live in all these places, you're so lucky! I assume then that you know some Italian as well.
    • I can understand  pretty good but can not talk so well.
    • Have you thought about working as a journalist? You sound very natural reading the news!
    • Fluent  reading , had the volume  been louder  it would  have been  nicer
    • Thanks Nadira, I'll try to make it louder next time.
This reply was deleted.