Subtitles

Watching movies with subtitles help me increase my understanding of the story and proper pronunciation of words. Most of the movies I have watched is thru cable network. Starmovies is the perfect example of a program that shows movies with subtitles.If you know a program that show subtitles please let me know. I'm glad to check it out.Good day!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greeting to all,

I do agree with all. Watching movies with subtitles are the best way for pronounciation. Meanwhile as Elham Hamidi said we can find everything in google the best search engine. Let me mention that i have a boss and whenever i ask him some information he advises me to google it.

Firm regards,
  • Dear Robert,
    This is definitely a good way to improve your English but I suggest you something else. Have you ever heard of English podcasts? I have found them miraculous. You can search them in any search engine (Google, yahoo,...), download them onto your cellphone or iPod and listen to them wherever you can. You don't have to sit, focus and tire your eyes and your brain cells! They will remain in your long term memory if you stick to them for a long time.
  • yes you are right , it helps us to learn and understand, and also get to know other cultures , value ,so forth.
    nadira
  • Hello Robert Tolentino. Yes I agree with you that by watching movie's subtitles would make spectators easy to understand the story. It is also can improve our english but only little bit. There are many ways to improve our standard of english rather than only watching subtitles.
  • Hello Robert,
    I think that watching movies with subtitles may enrich our vocabulary too,as we can learn how to use some words in context in certain situations.
    Besides,I like to hear the own voice of the actors&actresses,in contrast with the dubed version.
    I always watch movies downloaded from the net with subtitles on my language(or the best is English moviewith English subtitles!)or DVDs.
    Thanks forv this discussion,I'm interested in how other members think of this question.
    Best:))
This reply was deleted.