EnglishClub's social network
1- Similar people goes together.
2- Do not count your money before you have it.
3- More hands for help make the work easier.
4-(I cannot understand this).
5-Having one thing better than have nothing.
6-Make things while you are ready or it can be said about children as it is easy to teach them early while while they are still young.
7-like "nothing ventured nothing gained"=nothing comes easily.
8-When there is no watcher anyone can do anything.
9-let hidden bad things not come out to hurt people(lies about people).
10-You have to think before saying or doing anything.
Tanya said:Here is a new game for you, guys. The following are famous English proverbs. You should explain the meaning of each one and describe the situation where you can use it. Sure, I will check out your answers and correct your mistakes as I usually do. Enjoy!
1. Birds of a feather flock together.
2. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
3. Many hands make light work.
4. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
6. Strike while the iron is hot.
7. There's no smoke without fire.
8. When the cat's away, the mice will play.
9. Let sleeping dogs lie.
10. Look before you leap.