EnglishClub's social network
Are you comfortable speaking using Skype? If yes, I would like to invite you to join me in an activity via Skype. We'll try to help each other to practice reading MyEC news and interesting facts live.
I need a few volunteers for this activity. Who would like to join? Let me remind you that I'm not a native English speaker, nor a fluent member. I'm also an English learner myself. I organized this group for English practice purposes only.
Here are the guidelines that you should remember.
1. Our group discussion will be available every Monday and Thursday at 10am/11am GMT (Around 6pm here in the Philippines).
2. This group activity will last only for this month (September 2013).
3. The topics are based on MyEC "News" and "Interesting Facts in Easy English" that are posted/recorded by Teacher Tara Benwell. I'll post a link a day before our activity of what news we should be using. This will allow you time to prepare for the discussion.
4. We are not allowed to discuss politics, religion, and profane topics. Our focus in on the topic provided.
5. It is not advisable to share or ask any personal details such as full name, date of birth and address from other members. Also, asking for money in exchange for English practice is prohibited.
6. Be respectful to other members. During the activity, each of the members will be given enough time to speak. Please don't interrupt a member while he/she is reading the news.
7. If your pronunciation and reading style are being corrected, please don't take it personally. The objectives of this activity are to improve one's speaking and reading skills as well as build self-confidence.
If you agree with the guidelines, you can add your Skype ID below or send a message on my page. Let me know that you are interested. Thank you!
All the best!
I will try to be on-line on others days with the same time, 10am GMT (except weekends) and we could talk about different topics. I'll keep you posted!
Let's practice reading, shall we?
Activity 1 - September 02, 2013 Theme Restaurant True To Its Name
Activity 2 - September 05, 2013 Mr. Bean Saves The Day
Activity 3 - September 09, 2013 A Dentist Invented "Cotton Candy"
Activity 4 - September 12, 2013 Tokyo To Host 2020 Olympic Games
Activity 5 - September 16, 2013 PPS Stands For Post Postscript
Activity 6 - September 19, 2013 Long-Named Hawaiian Woman Wins ID Battle
Activity 7 - September 23, 2013 Three Dogs Survived the Titanic
Activity 8 - September 26, 2013 Shark Attacts Are Rare
Activity 9 - September 30, 2013 Honey Does Not Go Bad
---------------------------------End of Activity------------------------------------
Hi this is harikrishna i have very problem at spekin
hi..i am very much interesting to join with you...accept my skype id: murugaveera
It sounds like you have a nice name. Thank you for showing the interest for this activity. I'll add you on Skype shortly.
Thank you for talking with me yesterday, Muruganantham! It was nice meeting you on Skype. : )
Hi there..I'm Amirul from Malaysia.I will try to join this activity if time permits..please ad my skype : amierule09
Welcome to MyEC, Amirul! Thank you for taking interest to join this activity. Kindly wait for my request on Skype.
Thank you for taking the time to practice your reading with me on Skype, Amir. You did a wonderful job! It's nice to meet you and learn about your enthusiasm to speak the English language.
Wishing you the very best!
Hi Skype Challengers!
Do you like to swim in the ocean? Tomorrow's reading activity is about shark attacks! Kindly click the link below for the podcast.
Good luck and see you on Skype!
Can you guys let me know how this is going? It would be great to get a little video of it for my presentation!
Thank you for featuring this discussion, Teacher Tara! I have a few participants for this group. I usually challenge them to read the news and I give some pointers about their pronunciation. I also come up with questions related to the article to give their opinions and answers.
I'll try to ask them if it's OK to include them for a video. They are quite shy, though.
i like the idea , but timing isnt good for me
It's OK, Fouad. The reading activity ended yesterday. Perhaps you could join my other group activities on other days. Thanks for the comment!