Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun! 

Thank you to all of the advanced learners and teachers who help out in this group! 

We use the Interactive Phonemic Chart to help explain different sounds.(Here is a keyboard for you to type symbols.)

Please take a moment to watch this video. It was produced by the very talented Camelia.

Find more videos like this on

EnglishClub.com

Views: 14128

Replies to This Discussion

Answering to the discussion question which is in the  weekly report "Sharks force spring break beach closures", I believe that humans are no doubt more dangerous than poor sharks. Sharks are a species that is menaced by human devastation of fauna. The film factory managed to build up a fear-image of these poor creatures, damned them to the completely extermination. Sure, If you are alone at the sea and find out one of these creatures you probably will not want to think of them as "poor" creatures. But, as a rule we(humankind) always be a bigger threat to sharks in general.

*As that It's my first recording on "Be a Newscaster" group, comments , suggestions and ratings about my performance this activity is welcomed. So, bye bye!!!

Hello,

For a long time, I couldn't see any movement in this group, once upon a time we used to

come here a lot :(( Everybody is busy with their life or making study in another area of English,

Anyway, I've been trying to get familiar with English sounds in these days,

let's hope that practices work :)

I have to add my recording as a file, because audiboo had some problems,,,,

I'll be waiting for any comment eagerly :)) Thank you so much for your interest,

Selma,

Attachments:

It has been a long time! Maybe we need to start a new Discussion for 2013, since this one is called 2012. Sorry you are having trouble with Audioboo.

Hi Tara, I was wondering if you would open a new section :))

So glad to see you here,

Have a terrific weekend,

Selma,

Yes Tara, since I am a new member in this group, I hope I could experience all the previous activities here. Thank you! :)

I would  appreciate  for a feed back and also to listen  to the news caster's  :)

Excellent! It's great to see some action here again. Your pace is really nice for English learners and I think your students must appreciate this. 

I think all English learners can work on this minimal pair: 

slIpped vs. slept [Listen to the sounds I (ship) and e (bed).]

Also, be careful where you put the stress on the word "protest". It should be on the first syllable. 

a PROtest took place...

Cheers!

RSS

How to Report a Member
1: Go to member's page. 2: Click "Report Member" at bottom of page. 3: Fill in form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Expector
Nadira
Paula
Onee
Nadiyah
Ma No

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Discussion Forum

A Game to kill Childern. Who is Responsible ???

Started by Rosemary :). Last reply by Student 22 hours ago. 14 Replies

Help me please! (Solved - 4 pics 1 word)

Started by Camelia. Last reply by Camelia on Tuesday. 6 Replies

Reading books.

Started by priya. Last reply by Mishaikh on Tuesday. 44 Replies

don't want children

Started by ivan. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 10 Replies

Introduction

Started by Hamid. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 2 Replies

Greetings!

Started by FARIBA. Last reply by FARIBA on Tuesday. 5 Replies

For students!

Started by Robert. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 3 Replies

Rain