Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun! 

Thank you to all of the advanced learners and teachers who help out in this group! 

We use the Interactive Phonemic Chart to help explain different sounds.(Here is a keyboard for you to type symbols.)

Please take a moment to watch this video. It was produced by the very talented Camelia.

Find more videos like this on

EnglishClub.com

Views: 14128

Replies to This Discussion

Our first story for this new 2012 thread is: Cruise Ship Disaster in Italy. Some of you have already posted your recordings here! (No need to move them unless you want to. Thanks!) 

Hi Tara, I am very happy to move my Newcaster recording here! -- Vesper :))

Hi Guys, I am the first newscaster in the 2012 thread :))

Here is my recording, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cruise Ship Disaster In Italy (mp3)

Excellent, Vesper! I really like the pace of your recording. Your word stress is excellent too. Thanks for joining us and for being the first to add your recording here in the 2012 thread. 

Be careful with the minimal pair I and i:. You don't want "ship" to sound like "sheep". :) 

Thanks for the feedback, Tara! Yes, it sounds like 'sheep' :) - thanks for pointing it out. I'll be careful in the future.

Congratulations for being the first one here! You are doing good, Vesper, nice to hear :)

Have a wonderful weekend !

Thanks Rajesh!

I'm going to post the actual first Nescaster recording of mine here, hope can get some feedback from you all :)

Hope teacher Tara will listen to it too. I'm sure she will find more of my pronouncation problems :))

Bungee Jumper Survives New Year"s Accident (mp3)

I remember leaving a feedback on your recording days ago but it seems to have disappeared.  So here it is again.  I really like your recording and I agree with Tara.  I just hope you'll avoid making extra sound at the end of those words ending with letter T such as "coast" and "went"...same thing goes on some words ending with "-ed" like "ordered" and "managed".  Also, there are instances when I couldn't hear the difference between "were" and "was".  You may also wanna improve on the words: overboard, via, enough, accessible, sixteen and accident.

Looking forward to your next recording, Vesper.

Howdy!  

Hi Ohni, You are very GOOD.

I became demoralised when listening you. This interesting topic came to life with your perfect reading, it sounds like a professional job.

Do you mind if I tag along behind you ? :)))

Have nice time,

ps; thank you for leaving a short message in Karaoke to state your busy position.

-Selma-

Thank you for listening, Selma.
I'd love to have your company.
Let's go through all the weekly news this year together.
(^_*)

Hi Ohni,

It would be a great pleasure to me,

Let's go...:))  (^_*)

RSS

How to Report a Member
1: Go to member's page. 2: Click "Report Member" at bottom of page. 3: Fill in form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Expector
Nadira
Paula
Onee
Nadiyah
Ma No

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Discussion Forum

A Game to kill Childern. Who is Responsible ???

Started by Rosemary :). Last reply by Student 18 hours ago. 14 Replies

Help me please! (Solved - 4 pics 1 word)

Started by Camelia. Last reply by Camelia on Tuesday. 6 Replies

Reading books.

Started by priya. Last reply by Mishaikh on Tuesday. 44 Replies

don't want children

Started by ivan. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 10 Replies

Introduction

Started by Hamid. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 2 Replies

Greetings!

Started by FARIBA. Last reply by FARIBA on Tuesday. 5 Replies

For students!

Started by Robert. Last reply by Kate Kross on Tuesday. 3 Replies

Rain