How would you keep sane with all the negative news?

Do you like watching news or read papers every day? Well, it's a good practice to improve our English skills, right? Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to ignore some sensational news even when you try to choose a good or inspiring one.

Sometimes you feel alarmed with the endless drastic news such as illegal drugs, animal cruelty, terrorism, deadly gun-shootings, wars and not to mention viruses that spread like wildfires.

In your opinion or experience, how do you cope to have a blissful time when these issues are always surrounding us? Please share your rational thoughts below. Thanks!

Tags: news, sane, thoughts

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Adaline!

It's nice to hear you like watching news. It makes us informed but too much of it could make us insane. I hope it wouldn't happen to us! Modern technology allows us to access the news easily even on social media. ;)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding this topic! Have a terrific weekend!

Robbie

Hi Robbie, very interesting question...

I think whether I like it or not, violence is part of human nature, we have to deal with it. My little comfort is to know the world is becoming less violent, just think about the abolition of slavery (slavery still exist, but it´s less common), declaration of human rights, declaration of women´s right are signs that mankind are advancing.

I think people see violence are increasing, because today we have access to global news, now we are exposed to violence from around the world, not only violence in our "home".

Can I ask you something? when you wrote "Please share your rational thoughts", what did you mean?? It´s the first time I read this sentece in my EC, it makes me curious...

@ Setareh

Thank you for commenting! Violence is a sad reality we should get used to. It's really upsetting to hear those news especially the one that's happening in Syria and other countries engaging in wars. Let's hope and pray that miracles happen and peace would reign once and for all.

Stay safe,

Robbie

RSS

How to Report a Member
1: Go to member's page. 2: Click "Report Member" at bottom of page. 3: Fill in form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Expector
Nadira
Paula
Onee
Nadiyah
Ma No

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Do you love fashion?

Started by Glosky in General Discussion. Last reply by SNR 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

ANTIVIRUS ALAMR

Started by WinnieThePooh in Technical HELP. Last reply by O. M. 13 hours ago. 2 Replies

Listen, think, then speak

Started by Zarkasy in General Discussion. Last reply by Onee-chan yesterday. 1 Reply

Woman's Day

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by Glosky on Tuesday. 36 Replies

Hello

Started by Glosky in Introduce Yourself :)). Last reply by Glosky on Monday. 6 Replies

Hi everone

Started by Júlio Rodrigues in Introduce Yourself :)). Last reply by Onee-chan Mar 17. 1 Reply

O.M.G

Started by _SERA in General Discussion. Last reply by _SERA Aug 4, 2013. 467 Replies

About

© 2019   Created by Joe Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service