I want to ask about this question: How much should we learn about Grammar? Since it has many subjects to learn about and sometimes it makes beginners feel overwhelmed and desperate in which part they should start to learn grammar. Tenses, parts of speech, etc. Can anyone make a list contains which parts of Grammar that beginners should really understand? 

For example, Is it important for a beginner to really understand parts of speech? 

Tags: beginner, grammar, tenses

Views: 5786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with  Chan,,, We need to keep it up

:P 

DIDI

I love your perseverance adik! Now, I see why you become more and more successful with English. =)

Hi Ario,

How much a person should learn and/or command about Grammar depends on the educational level, as you will understand. For beginners, a compete and understandable online Grammar video course is offered by the website MyCareerTools. All subject matter is addressed in a clear and - sometimes - fun way and it is my experience that many students really like this way of learning. Take a closer look at their Grammar instruction here:http://mycareertools.com/ged-online-language-classes/

I hope this information will get you ahead. Good luck! 

In my opinion we should just learn English wothout being concerned a lot about the grammar rules because the grammar sometimes make us wanting the perfection and if we are wanting perfection our studying will last decades, to conclude, in my point of view the important contet is comunication not perfection.

Yes it is very important to know about speech in beginning.

Hi everyone! Please check my website nobelliterature.com and tell me how I can improve my writing skills?

During my high school days, learning English means it was only encounter with dried grammar portions! Students were worrying so much to find out the answers as if they were in Maths class.  By the way, we have lot of languages in our country and people use their own regional language for communication. In short, English stays our second or third language. 

I continue the story. During high school final examination I got arranged a  tuition teacher for learning grammar patterns that likely to ask for the examination.

It was felt easy and interesting to learn Parts of speech, singular, plural, verb forms, tag question, Helping verbs, Tense forms, Reported speech, Voice (active and passive), how to form questions etc.  I think these are good enough for writing English.

Later, when it comes spoken English,  I really felt that a lot of vocabulary, phrases, phrasal verbs, expressions are also needed to express our ideas and thoughts into English. English has its own style and structure to form the sentences. As you know, it can be achieved from reading different kind of materials of personal interest, watching movie, listening songs, chatting etc. 

I may be still far away from better English but what I am communicating is the output of my basic English grammar and the output of my reading and listening materials.  I wish if I had speaking practice since elementary, I would've been able to speak much better.

So what I mean to say is that basic English grammar is necessary but speaking practice (how to express all our thoughts, emotions, and feelings, requirements etc) is inevitable for someone who wish to be proficient in English.

RSS

How to Report a Member
1: Go to member's page. 2: Click "Report Member" at bottom of page. 3: Fill in form and send.

MyEC Terms of Service

Technical HELP

Please DON'T Plagiarize!

Test your level

MyEC Moderators
Robbie
Expector
Nadira
Paula
Onee
Nadiyah
Ma No

Josef Essberger

Official MyEC Page

Official MyEC Welcoming Committee

Forum

Names

Started by dara gino in General Discussion. Last reply by dara gino yesterday. 86 Replies

Conversational vs Fluent

Started by Onee-chan in Help Each Other With English. Last reply by Rosemary :) yesterday. 1 Reply

Greetings!

Started by FARIBA in Introduce Yourself :)). Last reply by Rose Iris Will on Thursday. 4 Replies

Marrying an Older Woman

Started by Chandra in General Discussion. Last reply by arif saeed on Friday. 256 Replies

Rain

Started by vijay in General Discussion. Last reply by FARIBA on Wednesday. 11 Replies

O.M.G

Started by _SERA in General Discussion. Last reply by _SERA Aug 4, 2013. 467 Replies

Which languages do you love in the world ?

Started by _SERA in General Discussion. Last reply by Narain Dass Roopani Jun 22, 2018. 360 Replies

About

© 2019   Created by Joe Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service